All Roads Lead To An Italian 3G Auction
- CDMA still a possibility in Brazil's 1800 MHz band. Luna, Lynnette // RCR Wireless News;9/18/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 38, p23
Focuses on the auction of spectrum in the 1800 megahertz band by the government of Brazil. Consideration of putting code division multiple access technology into the 1800 MHz band; Reasons of the Brazilian regulatory authority for deciding to auction the band; Impact of the moves on the global...
- NEWSANALYSIS. Chan, Tony // Telecom Asia;Nov2000, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p15
Reports that regulators in Hong Kong, China and Singapore have unveiled strategies for spectrum auctions for third generation wireless communication services. Hybrid system proposed by Hong Kong's Office of Telecommunications Authority and Singapore's communication minister; Criticisms against...
- SPECTRUM SPECTRES. Lennighan, Mary // Total Telecom+;Jun2010, p1
The author explains the impact of rising spectrum broadband prices to mobile communication operators. She addresses the issue through the recent three-generation spectrum auction licenses in India, which reached a nationwide cost of 3.61 billion dollars. Coleago Consulting managing consultant...
- Broadcasters Say JSA Move Threatens Spectrum Auction. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;4/7/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 13, p32
The article discusses the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) spectrum incentive auction in 2014. Amidst the encouragement for broadcasters to join the FCC's auction, the commission has limited joint sales agreements (JSAs) and potentially shared services agreements (SSAs). Gordon...
- cdmaOne. // Network Dictionary;2007, p90
A reference entry for cdmaOne is presented. It refers to the commercial name for a code division multiple access (CDMA) system defined by the CDMA Development Group (CDG) consortium. Qualcomm, AT&T Wireless and Motorola are members of this consortium.
- Choices and confusion spread wider as spread spectrum goes mainstream. Schweber, Bill // EDN;10/10/96, Vol. 41 Issue 21, p79
Identifies the factors that must be considered when designing a spread spectrum communications. Includes the system performance; Complexity; Compatibility. INSETS: How do you like to hop?.;It's a very inclusive standard.;Looking ahead: Not just for wireless anymore..
- Spread-spectrum: Fool's gold? GUILL, DENNIS J. // Wireless Review;01/01/99, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p37
Provides information on the spread-spectrum radios. Fundamental concept of spread-spectrum radios; Primary advantage of spread-spectrum; Interference potential; Benefits of unlicensed spread-spectrum radios.
- Extending serial communications with spread spectrum. Mathias, Craig J. // Business Communications Review;Aug93, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p39
Features advances in and uses of spread spectrum communications. Spread spectrum radio; Frequency hopping technique; Direct sequence technique; Increase productivity of low speed wireless networking; Can be used in vehicular traffic flow management; Monitoring and regulating import -export...
- Spectrum Management Needs A Traffic Cop. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;7/15/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 28, p37
Discusses the issue of spectrum management in the United States. U.S. agencies with regulatory responsibility for spectrum; Entities that are examining spectrum reform.