Viewing Communities As Customers
- Closing the divide with the humble phone. Tanner, John C. // Telecom Asia;May2008, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p25
The article announces that Grameenphone Ltd. has received the 2008 Telecom Innovation of the Year award from "Telecom Asia."
- GP files lawsuits against international gateways. // Asia-Pacific Telecom;May2014, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p7
The article reports that Bangladesh-based telecommunication operator Grameenphone filed cases at the Joint District Judge's Court in Dhaka against eight international gateways for failing to pay outstanding fees of 830 million Bangladeshi taka.
- Grameenphone launches 3G in Bangladesh. Hedges, Laura // Capacity Magazine;3/16/2015, p1
Bangladeshi mobile operator Grameenphone has commercially launched its 3G service in the Baridhara and Bashundhara residential areas of the country.
- Grameenphone Unveils 3G Services. // Voice & Data;Nov2013, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p72
The article reports on the launch of third-generation (LG) internet service by telecommunication operator Gramenphone Ltd. in India' Basundhara and Baridhara areas.
- Bangladesh: Microinsurance for masses launched. // Asia Insurance Review;Jul2013, p16
The article offers brief information on the Nirvoy Life Insurance , an insurance product from telecommunication company Grameenphone that would reward free life insurance cover for company subscribers based from their monthly used up airtime.
- GrameenPhone, Robi soft-launch 3G. // WiMAX Monthly Newsletter;Sep2013, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p7
The article reports on the launch of the 3G services by mobile operators GrammenPhone Ltd. and Robi in Bangladesh.
- Bangladesh: Downside Risks For Equities Persist. // Emerging Markets Monitor;7/28/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 17, p4
The article examines the downside risks for the equities market in Bangladesh as of July 2008. It is predicted that mounting economic and political concerns will likely continue to weigh over the near term despite the bright outlook for Bangladeshi equities. With regard the plan of mobile phone...
- GrameenPhone, Robi soft-launch 3G. // 2.5G-4G;Sep2013, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p11
The article discusses the release of third generation (3G) mobile telecommunication services from GrameenPhone Ltd., and Robi Axiata Ltd. and outlines the features of the mobile communication systems.
- Making mobile affordable in rural Bangladesh. Gajwani, Anil // Telecom Asia;Dec2006, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p34
The article focuses on Bangladesh-based Grameen Phone's deployment of the prepaid mobile solution, PreTUPS, to improve accessibility and availability of prepaid services to the economic benefit of subscribers. As a result, the company experienced improvement in market penetration and growth in...