SBC Union May Organize In Chicago
- SBC WIRELESS WORKERS DIAL UNION NUMBER. Jones, Sandra // Crain's Chicago Business;08/28/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p1
Focuses on the bid of the trade union, Communications Workers of America to represent 1,000 employees at SBC Wireless Inc. Agreement signed with the company's top executives; Effect of the update on higher labor costs for SBC's cellular business division.
- CWA focuses attention on wireless workers. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;06/12/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p28
Deals with the plan of the Communications Workers of America to prioritize the unionization of wireless workers.
- Cingular Union Contract Could Become Model. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;01/15/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p16
Offers a look at the deal made by Communications Workers of America (CWA), a trade union, for Cingular Wireless company workers. Terms of the deal; Concerns of employees; Information on CWA.
- CWA Views Verizon As Key Battle For Wireless Industry Jobs. // Inter@ctive Week;08/14/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 32, p10
Reports that Communications Workers of America (CWA) members who work on the wireline business have a vested interest in their wireless counterparts' decision to join. Estimated number of employees at Verizon Wireless who are members of the CWA; Difference of workers at wireless companies with...
- New Economy Includes Union-organized Workers. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;11/06/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 45, p52
Focuses on the increasing number of union representations by wireless employees in the United States. Impact of the labor dispute on Verizon's revenue in the third quarter of 2000; Concern expressed by employees about the merger between SBC and BellSouth; Reasons for creating a labor union.
- SBC, union at loggerheads. Johnsson, Julie // Crain's Chicago Business;4/19/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p4
With contract talks stalled, the largest union at SBC Communications Inc. is turning up the heat on Chicago, Illinois's dominant phone company, asking employees in Illinois and elsewhere to vote this week to authorize a strike. Communications Workers of America (CWA), which represents 2,000 SBC...
- CWA to represent Pac Bell employees. // RCR;01/18/99, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p37
States that the Communications Workers of America (CWA) has announced that Pacific Bell Wireless employees chose the union to represent them and that the company has agree to recognize the CWA as the bargaining representative for wireless company employees throughout California and Nevada territory.
- Deadlock. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;2/16/2009, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p1
The article reports on the progress of the negotiation between U.S.-based wireless carrier AT&T Mobility LLC and labor union Communications Workers of America over new contract terms which covers more than 20, 000 workers employed by the carrier. It recounts the previous settlement made by both...
- UNION SUSPENDS ABC TALKS. McNary, Dave // Daily Variety;3/26/2007, Vol. 294 Issue 61, p2
The article reports that National Association of Broadcast Employees and Technicians and Communications Workers of America (NABET-CWA) have suspended contract negotiations with American Broadcasting Co. (ABC). The proposals of ABC include attacks on seniority system, pension plans, jurisdiction...