Demand And Visual Values Create Towering Profits
- SpectraSite snares prized tower portfolio. Smith, Hilary // RCR;09/04/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 36, p4
Reports on the build-to-suit contract awarded to SpectraSite by SBC Communications Inc.
- SBC joins tower outsourcing rush. Myers, Alphonso // Telephony;09/04/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 10, p24
Deals with the agreement signed by SBC Communications in August 2000 to lease wireless towers to SpectraSite Communications. Impact of the agreement on the company; Terms of the agreement; Comments from Tim Blitz, SpectraSite's chief operating officer; Challenges faced by tower companies;...
- Stephen Clark. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;09/04/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 36, p18
Interviews Stephen Clark, chief executive officer of SpectraSite Communications. Agreement to exclusively lease and acquire communications towers from SBC Communications; Enabling of SpectraSite to exclusively lease or sublease tower space to third parties; Provision of improved services to all...
- Duo Arranges 1.2 B Loan for SpectraSite. Sibayan, Karen // Bank Loan Report;12/04/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 48, p1
Deals with the credit facility for the acquisition of SBC Communications Inc. by SpectraSite Communications Inc., a unit of SpectraSite Holdings Inc. Involvement of Credit Suisse First Boston and CIBC World Markets in the credit facility; Pricing on the facility; Terms of the agreement.
- Rival Wants to Lease SNET Plant. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;1/20/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p12
Reports on plans to lease a dormant cable plant owned by SBC Communications Inc., SNET division in Hartford, Connecticut. Suggestions of companies to subject the division to lease by competitors; Decision of SNET on providing cable services; Expansion plans of Gemini Networks Inc.; Sales plans...
- Higher network leases priority for SBC. Olson, Scott // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/15/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 27, p10a
Reports on the appeal of computer technology firm SBC Indiana for higher network leases following lower rates that caused a decline in profits. Support for a legislation that allows the company to increase in the lease rate; Corporate profit figures in 2002.
- Legislative ploy bad for regulation. // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/17/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 50, p12
Reports the impact of bill aiming to raise the amount SBC can charge to lease its phone lines to competitors on regulating monopolies in Indiana. Deregulation of the way high-speed Internet is delivered over telephone lines; Effect of the bill on the regulatory authority of Indiana Utility...
- Regulators to reassess phone line lease rates. Olson, Scott // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/7/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p8
Reports on the approval from the Senate Utility and Regulatory Affair Committee to examine the rate SBC can charge to other companies for using its lines and equipment. Plan of SBC to raise the rate; Rate per line; Deregulation of broadband high-speed Internet access.
- Wireless Tower Operator Expands in Irvine. Hughes, Paul // Orange County Business Journal;10/30/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p3
Informs that North Carolina-based wireless tower operator SpectraSite Communications Inc. is expanding in Irvine, California. Provider of antenna sites, towers and network services to wireless companies and broadcasters; Lease of space in Irvine for its Southern California headquarters.