Music Publisher Snarls At Ring Tone Downloads
- EMI settles suit on phone tunes. Conniff, Tamara // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;01/30/2001, Vol. 366 Issue 38, p4
Reports that EMI Music Publishing Inc. has reached an out-of-court settlement in its lawsuit against technology incubator Global Music One LLC. Grounds of EMI's suit; User base of Global Music One's Web site; Amount of damages sought by EMI.
- Music. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;08/22/2000, Vol. 364 Issue 23, p142
Reports on developments related to the sound recording industry as of August 22, 2000. Copyright infringement lawsuit filed by EMI Music Publishing against Global Music One LLC; Top rating garnered by Nelly's debut album 'County Grammar'; Federal judge's denial of jury trial for MP3.com.
- EMI inks Euro digital deal. Talbot, Martin // Music Week;1/28/2006, Issue 4, p1
The article reports on the contract of EMI Music Publishing with the Mechanical-Copyright Protection Society-Performing Right Society of Great Britain and GEMA of Germany related to digital music. The aim of the company in striking a deal with the societies is to offer a one-stop shop for...
- Major publishers set to follow EMI's lead. Talbot, Martin // Music Week;2/4/2006, Issue 5, p11
The article reports that a string of major publishers are expected to follow EMI Music Publishing's lead and strike their own pan-European online licensing deals in 2006. Both the publishers and collection societies indicated that further deals were inevitable after EMI announced formally its...
- Alliance sets European agenda. Talbot, Martin // Music Week;1/28/2006, Issue 4, p3
The article reports on the move of the alliance of the Mechanical Copyright Protection Society and the Performing Right Society to forge contracts for the licensing of music in Europe. The alliance wanted to be the frontrunner in the revolution. One of the deals is with EMI Music Publishing....
- Beatles have secret weapon in EMI fight. Ashton, Robert // Music Week;9/9/2006, Issue 36, p4
The article reports that the legal team of The Beatles have come across an inch-thick document detailing how the group's recording company EMI Music Publishing and its sister companies distribute worldwide income between each other. The document could serve as an evidence, thereby, giving a hint...
- Untitled. // Music Week;9/16/2006, Issue 37, p2
The article informs that EMI Music Publishing has signed a contract with SpiralFrog, a free music download service, to link its copyright songs with Universal Music Publishing Group Inc.'s recorded copyrights. According to EMI Music Publishing's co-CEO Roger Faxon, SpiralFrog will be very...
- EMI Music Publishing is expanding in East Europe. Lichtman, Irv // Billboard;07/12/97, Vol. 109 Issue 28, p95
Reports on the opening of EMI Music Publishing offices in 11 eastern European countries. Location of the subpublishers; Comments from Terry Foster-Key, EMI Music Publishing's London based executive vice president for Continental European operations.
- EMI Publishing picks up its pace with record high revenues, profits, net share. Lichtman, Irv // Billboard;3/4/95, Vol. 107 Issue 9, p26
Reports on the growth of EMI Music Publishing Worldwide. Record revenues, operating profits and net-publisher share in 1994; Top pop writer/performers of the company; Increase in ratio of creative staff to support function; Comments by chairman and chief executive officer Martin Bandier.