Handset SAR Testing Procedures Reviewed
- IEEE increases speeds for WPAN networks. // RCR Wireless News;8/11/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 32, p13
Reports on the move of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers to increase the speed of wireless personal area networks to 55 megabytes per second (Mbps) from 1 Mbps. Application of the networks.
- IEEE fails to agree air interface for ultra wideband. // Electronics Weekly;7/30/2003, Issue 2110, p1
Reports on the failure of an IEEE working group to reach a decision on the future of ultra wideband (UWB) communications. Technologies competing as UWB standard; Vote to choose the winning system.
- Tuesdays With Wimpy. Wickham, Rhonda // Wireless Week;3/8/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p41
Comments on the consumer electronics purchasing pattern in the wireless industry. Comments on the plan for changing the upgrade policy of Sprint PCS; Views on wireless telecom operators who continue to use inflexible 12-month contracts; Opinion on the move of operators to subsidize phones.
- Wireless takes up 25% of corporate telecom spending. Motsay, Emily // RCR Wireless News;4/26/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p22
Focuses on a report from the Yankee Group which revealed that wireless voice and data services represent 25 percent of a typical U.S. corporation's telecom spending. Comments from Keith Mallinson, executive vice president of Yankee, on corporate wireless purchasing; Factors that caused the...
- Gabbing on the Go--in Style. Buechner, Maryanne Murray // Time;11/29/1999, Vol. 154 Issue 22, p100
Mentions cell phones that are available as of fall 1999. Lack of reliable service; Suggestion that consumers look into local and regional network carriers, buy dual-mode phones, and compare prices online. INSETS: Alternatives;Qualcomm Thin Phone.
- More Than A Fashion Plate. Careless, James // Wireless Week;01/01/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p29
Reports on the growth in the online sales of wireless phone accessories and equipment as of January 2001. Reason for the growth; Details on the faceplates offered by LetsTalk.com; Trend on the online after-market accessory sales.
- Service Providers Get Less Bang For The Buck. // Business Communications Review;Jul2002, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p12
No abstract available.
- ASHE to coordinate frequencies for med telemetry service. // AHA News;04/23/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 16, p7
Reports on the selection of the American Society for Healthcare Engineering (ASHE) by the Wireless Telecommunications Bureau as coordinator for the Wireless Medical Telemetry Service. Type of database to be created by ASHE.
- New SCTE standard highly symbolic. // CED;May2003, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p16
Reports on the approval of a standard by the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers designed to provide common graphic symbols for use on cable system plant maps. Creation of the standard to enable vendors, construction contractors and operators to understand any map used during...