Motorola Looking To Cut Cord
- Motorola announces $1B debt offering. // RCR Wireless News;9/5/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 36, p20
Reports on the cash tender offers of Motorola Inc. for its outstanding debt. Scope of the debt offering; Information on the partial tender offer of the company for its outstanding notes; Expiration of the tender offers.
- Business briefing. // Interavia Business & Technology;Jan99, Vol. 54 Issue 627, p7
Focuses on the financing closed by Iridium consisting of a Senior Secured Credit Facility and a Guaranteed Credit Facility guaranteed by Motorola.
- Motorola Inc. // Crain's Chicago Business;07/21/97, Vol. 20 Issue 29, p34
Reports that Iridium LLC has accrued an $800 million debt offering. Details on a planned global communications network to be developed by Iridium; Reference to Motorola Incorporated's investment in Iridium.
- Iridium stock drops, rises after comment. Bruno, Antony // RCR;07/19/99, Vol. 18 Issue 29, p20
Discloses that possibility that Iridium LLC could face liquidation if it fails to realize the revenues and number of subscribers originally targeted. Other company assessments made by Motorola executives during the second-quarter earnings conference call of Motorola.
- Iridium's future up in the air. Anselmo, Joseph C. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;8/23/1999, Vol. 151 Issue 8, p40
Presents an update on developments concerning global satellite network, Iridium LLC. Filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection; Continuation of telephone and paging services; Offer of turning over one-third of the firm's equity to holders of high-yield bonds; Cash infusion from Motorola, the...
- Famed Wall Street raider Icahn seeks bigger stake in Motorola. Taylor, Colleen // Electronic News;3/5/2007, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p36
The article reports that Wall Street corporate raider Carl Icahn has filed to acquire as much as $2 billion in additional shares of communication giant Motorola's common stock. Motorola has received notice that Icahn and Icahn Partners LP are each filing to acquire from $119.7 million to $500...
- Motorola gets Next Level. // CED;May2003, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p20
Reports on the completion of the cash tender offer of Motorola Inc. for the outstanding shares of common stock in Next Level Communications Inc. Growth of the firm's tender offer in the video-over-copper vendor; Plan of Motorola to enter in a short-form merger; Allowance of a 90 percent...
- Iridium will not `go under' says Motorola. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Apr99, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p13
Reports on developments pertaining to satellite venture Iridium Inc. recent to April 1999. Financial support from Motorola; Problems facing the company; Causes of the problems.
- Motorola Pays Guaranteed Portion of Iridium Debt. Phadungchai, Naruth // Bank Loan Report;11/22/99, Vol. 14 Issue 46, p1
Reports that Motorola Inc. repaid a portion of the bank debt of Iridium LLC in order to satisfy its guarantee obligations and avoid paying additional interest and substantial monthly fees. Deadline given to Motorola to repay the portion of the satellite telephone company's bank debt;...