Selling WAP To The Russians
- MTS launches 'Free Voyage' roaming option. // Russian Telecom;Sep2014, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p7
The article reports on the launch by Russian mobile operator MTS of its new Free Voyage roaming services option in 2014.
- Russian mobile operator MTS launches 3G network in Turkmenistan. // Russian Telecom;Sep2014, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p14
The article reports on the launch by Russian mobile operator Mobile TeleSystems (MTS) of a third generation (3G) network in Turkmenistan in 2014.
- Etisalat and MTS to peer their roaming hubs. // Russian Telecom;Sep2014, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p6
The article reports on the signing by Etisalat, a telecommunication operator in the Middle East and Africa, of an agreement with Russian mobile operator Mobile Tele Systems (MTS) in 2014, to peer their Roaming Hubs enabling them to widen their roaming service portfolio and reach. Topics covered...
- MTS Launches 1800MHz-Based 4G in Moscow. // European Telecom;Jan2015, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p8
The article reports on the launch of the 800 megahertz (MHz) long term evolution (LTE) networks in Moscow, Russia by Mobile TeleSystems OJSC. It notes that the leading telecommunications provider in the country has started the operation of its LTE network which ensures broader high speed...
- Ukraine Moves to Exclude Russian Companies From 3G Auction. // Russian Telecom;Sep2014, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p11
The article reports on the signing by Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko of a legislation on August 31, 2014 allowing restrictions on Russian businesses in Ukraine, preventing Russian companies, including OAO Mobile TeleSystems, from getting licenses to run third generation (3G) networks in a...
- Russian firm in iPhone deal. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;3/ 6/2014, pA02
After a 3-year hiatus, Russia's 2nd-largest mobile phone operator OAO MegaFon will resume buying iPhones, and plans to purchase at least 750,000 mobile phones from
- Europe's new pecking order? Berendt, Annelise // Telecommunications - International Edition;Sep98, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p25
Focuses on strategic alliance trends among telecommunication companies in Europe to expand communication networks in the country. Involvement of companies such as Esprit Telecom and Viatel to carve out niche markets in the region; Plans of industry players to give more attention to neglected...
- deals. // Wireless Asia;8/15/2003, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p27
Reports on developments concerning the Asian telecommunication industry as of July 2003. Partnership of Singapore companies LineFusion and Newpalm to launch a Chinese multimedia messaging service; Collaboration of Fujitsu Microelectronics and Motorola Semiconductors Hong Kong to develop a...
- Bouygues, Nortel team on 3G systems. // RCR;06/12/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p3
Announces that a memorandum of understanding has been signed by Bouygues Telecom and Nortel Networks Corp. for cooperation on third-generation mobile voice, data and multimedia networks based on the Universal Mobile Telecommunications System standard.