FCC, NextWave Gird For Court
- Leap Gets FCC's OK As A DE. // Wireless Week;07/31/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 31, p1
Announces that the United States Federal Communications Commission has reaffirmed Leap Wireless International Incorporated's rights to acquire personal communications service (PCS) licenses. Target market of its PCS licenses.
- Big PCS Players May Sway FCC. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;05/01/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the competition of small and large personal communication system (PCS) carriers for spectrum allocation from the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Concerns expressed by the FCC; Complaints of Alpine PCS Inc. and Northcoast Communications LLC against large...
- FCC makes plans for NPCS auction. Weaver, Heather F. // RCR;12/20/99, Vol. 18 Issue 51, p10
Reports on the United States Federal Communications Commission's plan to hold an auction for the remaining narrow-band personal communications services licenses in the year 2000. Commission's plan to issue auction rules during the first quarter.
- In Brief. Krudel, Tim // Wireless Review;07/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p14
Presents update about the telecommunication industry in the United States as of July 1, 2000. Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) construction benchmarks on broadband-Personal Communication System licenses; Action done by the FCC as part of establishing a Wireless Medical Telemetry...
- Hundt says 'I told you so' on C-block. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;06/14/99, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p8
Reports on former United States Federal Communications Commission Chairman Reed F. Hundt's admission that the C-block auction for personal communications service radio frequency was the only catastrophe of his tenure. Pitfalls of the C-block auction; Potential impact of the Internet on the data...
- FCC to propose H-block rules. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;8/23/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 34, p12
Reports on the plan of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to adopt proposed service rules for the H-block, a Personal Communications Services guard band considered for advanced wireless services, at its meeting in September 2004. Statement issued by John Muleta, chief of Wireless...
- PCIA urges FCC to establish building access rules. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;05/31/99, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p23
Details the call made by the Personal Communications Industry Association (PCIA) for the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to establish building access rules for companies licensed by the agency to offer high-speed voice, data, video-on-demand and Internet access to...
- FCC to consider E911, spectrum caps at meeting. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;09/13/99, Vol. 18 Issue 37, p3
Reports on the holding of a United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) meeting wherein it is expected to consider rules for the deployment of enhanced 911 automatic location identification technologies and spectrum caps and other issues. E911 phase; Issue on whether spectrum caps...
- C block saga continues. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;08/31/98, Vol. 235 Issue 9, p14
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission has set a March 1999 deadline for the reauction of Personal Communication Service (PSC) C block spectrum. Comparison with the original auction; Ceiling set for the minimum opening bids; Upfront payment amount per megaHertz per pop.