Dealing for Health
- Raising the tray. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;5/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p42
Deals with the efforts of the Regional Medical Center-Bayonet Point in Hudson, Florida towards improving its patient meal service offering. Improvement in the hospital's percentile or score in food and nutrition services; Comments from Joyce Hagen-Flint, director of nutrition services and...
- Yummy deli for patients now a staff request. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;6/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p52
The article looks at the dishes being offered at the cafeteria at the Maine Medical Center in Portland. According to culinary and nutrition manager John Romano, the cafeteria serves a broad selection of deli options. He cited that they offer sandwiches, salads, and breads. In addition, Romano...
- Rethinking Hospital Foodservice. // Nation's Restaurant News;4/26/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 17, p28
Focuses on the excellent hospital food service expertise provided by Ron Rech, director of food and nutrition services at the Resurrection Medical Center and Holy Family Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois. Development of innovative patient and cafeteria service; Use of the hospitals' Intranet...
- $30K MONTHLY: Wash. hosp cafe provides 'get-away' feel, turns profit. // FoodService Director;04/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p5
Features the Stanzas, a retail cafe at Overlake Hospital in Bellevue, Washington. Comparison with The Atrium, the hospital's discounted cafeteria; Food served at the cafe; Numbers of customers; Goal for the establishment of the cafe.
- milestones. // FoodService Director;7/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p22
This article announces, among others, the promotion of Joyce Hagen-Flint to division director for food and nutrition services for West Florida Division of HCA and the retirement of Carolyn Elfland as associate vice chancellor for campus services at the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill.
- Visionary Leader. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;9/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p40
The article features Nancy Geffre, director of nutrition and foodservices at Sanford Medical Center in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Geffre established a partnership with the leadership team of the hospital and Hot Stuff Foods to operate the Dakota Food Court. She also suggested having a...
- Brands boost sales in Cleveland hospital. // FoodService Director;7/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p10
Reports on the increase in sales and customer counts at MetroHealth Medical Center in Cleveland, Ohio since the implementation of the food brand concepts Bonici Brothers pizza and Orville & Wilbur chicken in its main cafeteria as of July 2004. Percentage increase in the sales and customer...
- Grabbing a bigger share. // FoodService Director;7/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p18
Reports on the increase in the retail food sales of Vassar Brothers Medical Center by expanding its menu options, developing popular grab-and-go assortment and increasing hours of operation as of July 2004. Sales forecast of Steve McKenna, director of hotel services for the center, by the end...
- Breakfast Sales Double: L.A. hospital completes $750,000 f/s overhaul. // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p5
Deals with the renovation undergone by the employee cafeteria at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, California. Estimated value of the renovation; Comments from cafeteria officials; List of the cafeteria's breakfast stations; Promotional programs of the cafeteria.