- WHERE IMAGE SPELLS R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Schuster, Karolyn // Food Management;Mar2001, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p42
Focuses on a community outreach program by the foodservice department of the school district in Volusia County, Florida. Growth strategies by School Way Cafe director Christine Farneti; Involvement of chefs in the schools; Foray into culinary competitions; School district's commitment to a...
- IN WAKE OF $4.5-MIL. JUDGMENT: School district switches to precooked beef for liability. // FoodService Director;05/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p10
Explains why the Finley School District in Kennewick, Washington buys precooked meal following a food poisoning incident. Comments about product liability; Background of the food poisoning incident; Impact of the incident to the food service program of the school district.
- TESTING NEW ENTREES: School widens menu choices. // FoodService Director;04/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p2
Reports on the increase in student participation in the school food service implemented at the Decatur City School District in Bainbridge, Georgia. Details on the service.
- BETTER REIMBURSABLE MEALS: OAKLAND USD UPGRADES. // FoodService Director;7/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the Deli Delite sandwich program at Oakland Unified School District's high school cafeterias in spring 2003. Response of students to the program; Other meal included in the program; Advantage of the program to students; Cost of sandwich.
- Food, Design Draw Students. // FoodService Director;10/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p6
This article reports on the opening of a food court at Grassfield High School in the Chesapeake School District in Virginia. The food court, which will be named this semester through a student competition that is designed to give the students some ownership, offers eight stations, whose names...
- IN HIGH SCHOOL, JUNIOR HIGH: Othello School District eyes `budget branding'. // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the installation of theme foodcourts at Othello School District's high schools in Washington State. Concepts of the foodcourts in the schools; Percent gain in snack sales.
- CUTS LABOR IMMEDIATELY: Automation at Pittsburgh schools in for `long term'. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p44
Reports on the renovation and automation of the commissary of Pittsburgh school districts in Pennsylvania that will help cut labor cost and streamline production and work flow. Installation of a cook-chill system; Renovation of the city's Central Foodservice Center in spring 1999; Annual...
- COOK-CHILL CENTER: Davis Cty. schools eye food cost reduction. // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p56
Focuses on the changes brought by a cook-chill central production facility to Davis County School District in Farmington, Utah. Cost of the facility; Features of the facility; Annual operating budget of the district for food service; Number of schools in the district.
- IN CARNEGIE, PA: CAPACITY KEEPS F/S JOBS. // FoodService Director;6/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p5
Focuses on the food service operation at the Carlynton School District in Carnegie, Pennsylvania for three non-district schools. Purpose of the operation; Components of the district; Number of students fed at the district.