- Foodservice 101: The Basics. // Convenience Store News;Jun2012, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p78
The article focuses on the importance of menu labeling for food service providers in the U.S. It mentions about the rising cases of obesity in the U.S., which has tripled in the past 20 years and states that labeling the calorie content in a food item will enable consumers to monitor their...
- Packing a Promotional PUNCH. Bertrand, Kate // Food Processing (00156523);Jul2012, Vol. 73 Issue 7, p63
The article presents information related to the packaging used by the food industry for promotional goods. It is noted that an essential component in Tic Tac's interactive Shake It Up campaign, which launched in February 2012 is the Tic Tac mints box. It is mentioned that packaging is taking a...
- CONSUMER REPORTS SLAMS PACKAGE SHRINK. // Food & Beverage Packaging;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p12
The article presents a list of food industries in the U.S. that are reducing its packages and product including Pepsi Co. Inc.'s Tropicana orange juice, ConAgra Foods Inc.'s Hebrew National franks and H.J. Heinz Co.'s Classico pesto sauce.
- GAME CHANGE. // Packaging News;Feb2010, p8
The article discusses the redesign of the packaging of Cereal Scott's Porage Oats that will feature a series of players from the Scottish rugby team.
- 100 Prevention Cleanest Packaged Food Awards. OAKLANDER, MANDY // Prevention;Mar2014, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p67
The article announces the winners of the 100 Prevention Cleanest Packaged Food Awards including Bob's Red Mill Organic High Fiber Pancake Mix, the Purely Elizabeth Ancient Grain Oatmeal and Siggi's Vanilla Skyr Icelandic-Style Strained Yogurt.
- Packaging of Leftovers and Overworked Menu Descriptions. SAMPSON, FRED // Total Food Service;Mar2014, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p108
The author discusses the overworked menu descriptions and leftover packaging. He notes that leftover packaging out of sight does not guarantee an elegant presentation. He points out the changes brought by restaurant operators' ban of Styrofoam in handling leftovers and take out prepared meals....
- Sushi With Legs. // Restaurant Hospitality;May2008, Vol. 92 Issue 5, p44
The article reports on the decision of Innovative Dining Group to leverage the success of their high-end Sushi Roku restaurants by packaging many of those menu items in a more casual concept in the U.S. The goal with LuckyFish is to provide something sushi aficionados would use regularly and to...
- Food service sees turnaround. Griekspoor, P. J. // Dakota Farmer;Mar2011, p82
The article forecasts a turnaround in the food service industry in the U.S. in 2011, specifically in nutrition and animal welfare.
- People, Places & Things. // Southeast Food Service News;Oct/Nov2015, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p4
The article discusses developments in the food services industry in the U.S. as of October 2015, including the expansion by Tin Drum AsiacafÃ© in Georgia and Florida, and the membership of Culinary Resources to the Independent Broker Alliance (IBA).