First Full-Menu O'Naturals Location Opens in Hospital
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;Jul2002, Vol. 36 Issue 26, p14
Reports developments related to restaurants in the U.S. as of July 2002. Implementation of nutrition and Headstart programs; Opening of fast-food franchises on hospitals; Expansion of foodservice outlets.
- More than Sustenance. Holaday, Susan // FoodService Director;7/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p26
The article offers information on the food service operations of Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital in Detroit, Michigan. The hospital is developing a health-centered culinary institution for training hospital chefs. Menus, with emphasis on local and organic foods, are designed to help in the...
- Plow to Plate: The Community Hospital as Change Agent. Eldridge, Elaine // Sustainability: The Journal of Record;Apr2012, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p79
The article presents information on the Plow to PlateÂ® program of the New Milford Hospital in New Milford, Connecticut. The program was co-founded by Marydale DeBor, an attorney and vice president of external affairs at the community hospital, in late 2006. The primary goals of the hospital...
- 'Green' food use hindered by cost. // ENDS (Environmental Data Services);Nov2012, Issue 454, p21
The article reports that high costs associated with organic produce tend to hinder sustainability of British public sector catering. It describes results of the implementation of government buying sustainability standards for food and catering in four hospitals in England. It cites additional...
- GROWING NUMBER OF HOSPITALS ADD ORGANIC FOODS. // Health Facilities Management;Aug2005, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p8
Reports on the growing trend in U.S. hospitals of integrating organic food into staff and patient meals, as of August 2005. Factors driving the trend; Action taken by the Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco, California in response to the trend; Replacement of menu items at the public...
- Reaching New Heights. Velazquez, Beni // FoodService Director;11/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p44
The article offers insights from Beni Velasquez, executive chef at Stanford Hospital & Clinics in Palo Alto, California, on their organic program that focuses on soup as an option for patients. According to Velasquez, patients can either order off the regular menu or they can order off the...
- A larger serving of greens. Rhea, Shawn // Modern Healthcare;8/4/2008, Vol. 38 Issue 31, p28
The article discusses the efforts of U.S. hospitals to provide food chain-related purchasing and waste-management practices that will not damage the environment. Dominican Hospital in Santa Cruz, California not only features fresh, organic fruits and vegetables, but also just-picked selections...
- Hospitals Serving Up Fast Food Send the Wrong Message. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Aug2002, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p3
Reports the presence of fast food restaurants in a sample of hospitals in the U.S., according to researchers at the University of Michigan Medical Center. Sample of hospitals with fast food chains at the site; Concerns of lead researcher Peter Cram.
- Castle Rock's Heavenly Manna. // Food Management;Jul2013, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p18
The article discusses the introduction of the multi platform food service hospital food service concept Manna being planned by the U.S.-based Castle Rock Adventist Hospital, which will include several elements such as restaurant, convenience stores and room service.