Campus Farm a Hit for TTU
- The macaroni factor. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;11/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p76
Highlights the casserole cookery offering of the food service market for schoolchildren in the United States. Preparations involved in the chicken primavera recipe of Debbie Terwillinger, food service manager at Sparta High School in New Jersey; Ways in which Flik International Corp. cooks...
- Chartwells offers 'Balanced' vending. // FoodService Director;4/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p8
The article reports that Chartwells School Dining Services has created a vending program, called Balanced Choices, to encourage school children to eat healthier snacks and beverages. Under the Balanced Choices vending program, two machines are placed together, one offering healthy beverages and...
- Inbrief. // Food Management;Oct2005, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p16
Presents news briefs related to food management. Ban on the sale of soda and other sweetened beverages in high schools by the California Assembly; Selection of Sodexho USA's Health Care Services Division as the preferred provider by Catholic Health East Inc. for nutrition and environmental...
- SEGMENT SIGNALS. // FoodService Director;8/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p1
Present an update on issues and topics related to food service. Food service contract won by Aramark for the Olympic Village at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, Greece; Selection of Chartwells by Marietta College, Ohio to handle its food services; Elimination and replacement of the meal...
- Unlucky Charms at Lunch. Mcginn, Daniel; Popescu, Roxana // Newsweek;10/22/2007, Vol. 150 Issue 17, p15
The article reports on the appearance of sugar-loaded cereals in U.S. public school student cafeterias. Lunch catering companies such as Chartwells School Dining Services, which serve Lucky Charms, Rice Krispies, and Raisin Bran, insist the cereals are nutritious and vitamin-fortified. Critics,...
- Chartwells fights child obesity with rollout of wellness plan at school. Elan, Elissa // Nation's Restaurant News;10/10/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 41, p20
Reports on the launch of a child wellness initiative by Chartwells School Dining Services throughout the U.S. Concept of the program; Significance of the initiative to the prevention of child obesity; Statement of Chartwell's vice president of support services Nancy Quinn on the menu design of...
- Chartwells. Allen, Robin Lee // Nation's Restaurant News;03/02/98, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p94
Focuses on the performance of Chartwells, the education foodservice division of Compass Group North America. Completion of metamorphosis from acquired businesses to a cohesive unit; Mission to become an integral part of the campus community; Guidance of president Steven M. Sweeney.
- Compass arm works with council in Â£6m venture. // FM World;6/19/2014, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p11
The article offers information on the Pan London Framework Agreement between school meals provider Chartwells and the London Borough of Hounslow, and mentions the benefits to the schools in areas such as the meals, training support, and kitchen investment.
- Compass' Chartwell's charts new course with web site. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/03/97, Vol. 31 Issue 44, p18
Reports that Chartwells, the college dining division of Compass Group USA, has unveiled an interactive web site at Southwest Texas State University. Features of the monthly online magazine `Menutainment'; Topics of the articles featured in `Nurture Our World'; Information on `Focus on Food.'