Howard Gary Accuses Miami-Dade County of Discrimination
- Broward County, Fla., Votes to Drop Howard Gary & Co. From Syndicate. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;07/14/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30932, p3
Reports that commissioners from Broward County, Florida have voted to remove Howard Gary & Co. from the underwriting syndicate for an upcoming airport bond issue. Commissioners' decision to replace the firm with two other minority-owned underwriters at a meeting held July 11, 2000; Reasons why...
- Gary shares $431 million bond deal. Colon, Ileana; Edmond Jr., Alfred // Black Enterprise;May94, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p18
Informs that Howard Gary & Co., joined Smith Barney Shearson Inc. to complete one of the nation's largest bond transactions managed equally by a majority-minority partnership. Details of the transaction, which closed in February 1994; Black-owned firms.
- Gary Fires Off Another Lawsuit, This Time at Miami-Dade. Preston, Darrell; Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;06/21/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30917, p5
Reports that Howard Gary & Co. has filed a lawsuit over its exclusion from a Miami-Dade County bond deal in Florida. Efforts of the company in clearing its name and rebuilding its business after its founder gained national attention for cooperating with a federal investigation; Overview on the...
- Grigsby, Former Colleagues Face New Lawsuit From Gary. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;09/05/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30968, p1
Reports on the lawsuit filed by Howard Gary & Co. against 15 individuals and firms charging securities fraud. Connection to Miami-Dade County Commissioner James Burke's bribery conviction.
- Miami-Dade Wins Round One Against Howard Gary & Co. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;09/28/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30985, p6
Reports on Howard Gary & Co.'s protest against Miami-Dade County's contracting procedures. Rules affecting securities dealers; Exclusion of the company from a pool of underwriters.
- As Howard Gary Prepares for Trial, Is Another Suit Looming? Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/22/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31023, p1
Reports on the lawsuit that will be filed by Miami underwriter Howard Gary claiming his firm Howard Gary & Co. was improperly denied the opportunity to perform underwriting duties. Exclusion of the firm from the Miami-Dade County bond syndicate.
- Miami-Dade, Gary File Briefs, Expect Ruling Within 10 Days. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;09/19/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30978, p28
Reports on Miami-Dade County, Florida's defense of an underwriter selection process. Exclusion of Howard Gary & Co. in the county's pool; Review of the policies of the county.
- Howard Gary Prepares for More Litigation Following Settlement. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;03/21/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30853, p1
Reports the efforts of Howard Gary & Co. in preparing litigations against others who forced the firm out of deals in Texas. Role of the firm in an investigation of alleged bribery of public officials in Miami and Miami-Dade County; Effect of the scandal on underwriting and financial advisory...
- Anti-discrimiation grants awarded. // New York Amsterdam News;08/27/98, Vol. 89 Issue 35, p3
States that eight non-profit organizations in five states in the United States, are to receive $640,000 in grants in an effort to conduct public education programs to educate workers and employers about immigration-related employment discrimination. How this discrimination may occur; Who the...