North Carolina $300 Million GO Deal Garners Aggressive, Close Bidding
- Broward Health Bonds. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/20/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31888, p33
Reports on the increase in the amount of bonds the Health Facilities Authority can issue in Broward County, Florida.
- Web deal may usher in more competitive sales in Colorado. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;01/25/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30814, p26
Reports on the efforts of the government of Boulder County, Colorado to raise funds for its initiatives. Scheduled sale of open-spaces; Use of electronic bidding on private-label Web sites; Financial adviser Bigelow & Co.'s establishment of the auction site; Pressure from financial services...
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. Barnett, Chip; Vadum, Matthew; Higginbotham, Stacey; Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;06/19/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30915, p30
Presents news briefs pertaining to municipal bonds in the Northeastern States as of June 19, 2000. Revision of Moody's Investors Service's outlook for Connecticut from stable to positive; Standard & Poor's' rating to the Smithsonian Institution's variable-rate revenue bonds.
- California to Bring the Biggest Bond Ever to the Muni Market. Swope, Christopher // Governing;Jul2001, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p70
Reports the plan of California to produce large profits from the sale of its municipal bonds in August 2001. Reason for such aim; Information on where the state will use the proceeds of the sale; Concerns raised regarding the plan.
- Watery Munis: D.C. and Texas Water Deals Lead Tuesdayâ€™s Slate. Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;10/6/2015, p1
Traders were eyeing the week's hefty new supply, which began coming to market on Monday. Issuers in Texas, Washington D.C., California and Kentucky lead off Tuesday's calendar. A few larger deals trickled into the primary on Monday but expect a flood of new issuance today, leading up to the two...
- Richardson, Tex., to Bring $89 Million Offering to Market. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/3/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32415, p4
The article reports the intent of officials of Richardson, Texas to offer general obligation bonds and certificates of obligation. The transaction is structured as serial bonds with a final maturity in 2026. Most of the proceeds will be used to finance street improvements, parks, municipal...
- Buffalo Fiscal Agency Gets $145M in Cash Flow Borrowing. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/20/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31888, p4
Reports on the approval of state lawmakers to the cash-flow borrowing authority of Buffalo Fiscal Stability Authority in Buffalo, New York. Total value of the cash flow borrowing; Purpose of the fund; Alternative provisions of the approved legislation for the city's bonds.
- Munis End 2005's Last Full Session Mixed. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;12/30/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32289, p2
The article reports developments on municipal bonds and Treasuries in the U.S. Such bonds declined briefly when a 20 billion dollars auction of year-Treasury notes got a slow reception. The notes offered a coupon at a price of 99.94, indicating stronger demand than the 2.16 ratio at the last...
- Wake County, N.C., Considers Shifting School-Bond Vote to Avoid State Issue. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;06/19/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30915, p3
Reports on the possibility that Wake County, North Carolina may postpone asking voters to approve a school bond issue. County officials' concern that too many bond issues will confuse voters; General obligation issuance of Wake County; North Carolina's plan to bring a bond package to voters on...