S&P Lauds N.J. Hospital Windfall; Fitch and Moody's Less Sanguine
- Midlands hospital PFIs to be batched. Millett, Carol // Contract Journal;2/4/2004, Vol. 422 Issue 6461, p1
Reports that the Wolverhampton Hospitals scheme and the Walsall Hospital private finance initiative project in England are about to be grouped, according to sources close to both of the schemes, as of February 2004. Reason for the postponement of the schemes in May 2003; Comments from a...
- Drive to make hospitals profitable. // Finance Week;03/17/2000, Rating SA's Health... p11
Focuses on the drive to make hospitals profitable in South Africa. Case of Gauteng's health department; Fight against fraud and corruption; Public-private partnership.
- 1996 tracking trends. // AHA News;8/12/96, Vol. 32 Issue 32, p4
Presents key hospital and health care indicators in the United States as of April 1996. Full- and part-time personnel; Inpatient admissions; Outpatient visits; Number of surgical operations.
- Is hospital profitability up or down? // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Nov98, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p77
Discusses the profitability of hospitals in the United States, according to the `1998-1999 Almanac of Hospital Financial & Operating Indicators,' from Center for Healthcare Industry Performance Studies. Return on investments; Total margin and return on investment of not-for-profit hospitals.
- CON Roundup. Vis, Bridget // Crain's Detroit Business;2/17/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p0016
A list of selected filings for a certificate of need for financing January 10 through February 10, 2014 is presented including Select Specialty Hospital, Mission Point and Holly Convalescent Center.
- the capital challenge needs versus resources. Johnson, Tracy K. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);May2003, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p62
Discusses various aspects of capital planning for hospitals and other health care facilities. Foundation of capital planning; Master facility plan; Potential pitfalls; Capital spending pool; Capital allocation; Capital requests.
- The impact of pricing on profit. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jan99, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p82
Discusses how price changes can affect hospitals and health facilities' profit in the United States. Formula for determining additional profit from a price increase; Pricing, discounting, and revenue data from a 250-bed hospital for eight high-volume procedures; Average pricing for the...
- MONEY TALK. WEBSTER, ANNA // HealthLeaders Magazine;Dec2010, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p42
The article highlights several healthcare companies and the state of their finances, which includes Torrance (CA) Memorial Medical Center, Graceway Phamaceuticals of Bristol, Tennessee and NorthShore University HealthSystem of Highland, Illinois.
- (BEST PRACTICES) Foundation Supports Hospitals, Clinics with up to $35K Each. // Community Health Funding Week;10/22/2010, p18
The article offers information on the health related national funding program called Cardinal Health E3 and Effectiveness, Efficiency and Excellence in Healthcare and Grant Program, being funded by Cardinal Health Foundation. It mentions that the funding is aimed at supporting health facilities,...