Blanket Drop for Indexes as Fed Leaves Rates Unchanged
- FOMC meeting tops week's calendar. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;08/24/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30711, p2
Reports on the potential effects to bond trading of the United States Federal Reserve System's Federal Open Market Committee's meeting on August 24, 1999. Pricing of bonds for the week; Expected bond movements after the meeting.
- HY Market Not Fazed by Fed Taper. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;12/23/2013, p23
The article reports that the U.S. Federal Reserve's Open Market Committee is lowering its monthly bond-buying program to 75 billion U.S. dollars from 85 billion U.S. dollars.
- Muni Managers Gird for Fed Taper Next Week. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;9/12/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33978, p1
The article offers information on a meeting of the U.S. Federal Open Market Committee in the U.S. from September 17- 18. 2013 for discussing the Federal Reserves bond buying program.
- Buyers pause for FOMC meeting, proceed with caution. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;10/11/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30744, p2A
Reports that the last meeting of the Federal Open Market Committee has temporarily paralyzed retail sales and trading in the United States. Retail buyers' investing plan.
- Secondary Market Treads Water as Participants Wait for FOMC Move. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;8/9/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32192, p2
Reports on the 10th consecutive rate hike of secondary municipal bond according to a Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) meeting in the U.S. Event risk associated with the FOMC involving the changes in keeping municipal bond yields; Reduction of prices on their offerings; Determination of the...
- Yield Indexes Rise Following Cut in Federal Funds Rate to 45-Year Low. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;6/27/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31666, p7
The Bond Buyer yield indexes rose in the week following June 27, 2003, after the U.S. Federal Open Market Committee cut 25 basis points off the target for the federal fund rate. On June 24, Treasury prices got another lift, despite the advancement of equities, while municipal bond yields fell...
- Yields Indexes Little Changed as Market Watched FOMC. O'Connor, Jeanine // Bond Buyer;6/29/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31171, p58
Reports that 'The Bond Buyer' periodical's yield indexes changed little because market attention was focused on the outcome of the United States Federal Open Market Committee's policy-setting meeting. Cuts in the federal funds rate, interest rates and the discount rate; Orders for durable...
- Post-QE2, No Change To Our Global Strategy. // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/15/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 31, p1
The article reports that the second round of quantitative easing (QE2) of longer-term securities in the U.S. has surpassed the 500 billion dollars market expectations in new purchases. By the end of the second fiscal quarter of 2010-2011, the U.S. Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) will buy...
- FOMC: Twists Til Year-End, Keeps Rates Low. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;6/21/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33735, p1
The article focuses on the market policy for the selling of financial bonds by the U.S. Federal Open Market Committee and informs that they will sell now short-term securities and will buy the securities of long term.