Leichter Gets Recess Appointment to Board
- Leichter nominated for Housing Board. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;06/11/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30660, p4
Reports on United States President Bill Clinton's decision to nominate former senator Franz S. Leichter as board member of the Federal Housing Finance Board. Leichter's experience in the financial market; Functions of the board.
- Recess Appointment To Finance Board. Heller, Michele // American Banker;8/4/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 149, p5
Reports on United States President Bill Clinton's naming of Franz S. Leichter to the U.S. Federal Housing Finance Board under a recess appointment. Nomination of Leichter to the board in June 1999; Clinton's use of his power to make a temporary appointment without congressional approval.
- Leichter Appointed to FHFB. // National Mortgage News;08/14/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 47, p2
Reports on the appointment of former senator Franz S. Leichter to the United States Federal Housing Finance Board. Career background; Resignation from law firm Walter, Conston, Alexander and Green.
- Morrison Quits Finance Board as Rules Hang. HOCHSTEIN, MARC; MACDONALD, SARAH // American Banker;6/7/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 109, p1
Reports on the resignation of Bruce Morrison as chairman of the United States Federal Housing Finance Board. Implications of his resignation on the agency's direction and initiatives he has championed; Reasons cited for resignation; Members remaining on the board.
- Scam Spurs GBC to Add $13.5M to Provisions. Duran, Nicole // American Banker;5/16/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 94, p5
Reports the appointment of Christie A. Sciacca as the deputy director of supervision of the U.S. Federal Housing Finance Board. Professional background of Sciacca; Career highlights; Duties and responsibilities.
- Barclay Up for FHFB Chair? Muolo, Paul // National Mortgage News;01/02/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 14, p1
Reports on the candidacy of George Barclay as chairman of the United States Federal Housing Finance Board. Career history of Barclay; Qualifications for the job.
- Agency Expedites PID Selections. // National Mortgage News;11/8/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p10
Reports on the plan of U.S. Federal Housing Finance Board Chairman Alicia Castaneda to choose public interest directors to serve on the boards of Federal Home Loan banks by the end of 2004. Appointment responsibilities of the Finance Board; Finance Board directors Franz Leichter and Allan...
- Finance Board Confirmation. Adler, Joe // American Banker;7/28/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 144, p3
This article reports that the U.S. Senate has confirmed Geoffrey S. Bacino as a member of the Federal Housing Finance Board. He succeeds Franz Leichter, a former New York State legislator, who has been a director at the agency since 2000. Bacino, a former National Credit Union Administration...
- Departing Member of FHFB On Earnings Plan, Open Seats. Rucker, Patrick // American Banker;7/18/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 136, p3
The article presents an interview with Franz S. Leichter, who has served as a member of the U.S. Federal Housing Finance Board (FHFB) since 2000. Leichter discussed a proposal by the FHFB to require Home Loan banks to retain more earnings in order to prepare for economic challenges. Leichter...