Delaware Legislature Approves $197M of Tax-Exempt Bonds
- POLITICS: DELAWARE: Lobbyist Resigns. // Advocate;3/26/75, Issue 160, p13
Focuses on the decision of lobbyist of the General Assembly of Delaware James Robert Vane retire from politics after his failed attempts to get desired support of gay communities to fight for gay rights. Opinion of Vane on social status of gays in Delaware.
- Remarks to the Delaware State legislature in Dover... Clinton, Bill // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;5/11/98, Vol. 34 Issue 19, p823
Presents the text of the speech given by the president of the United States on May 8, 1998 at the Delaware state legislature in Dover.
- GETTING & LEVERAGING. Flusche, Darren // American Bicyclist;May/Jun2012, p26
The article reports on the cycling and political lessons learned by Bike Delaware. It notes the need to conduct a survey when searching for information about the Delaware General Assembly's election and avoid making assumptions about the state government. It mentions to focus on the strategic...
- A DELAWARE RESPONSE TO DELAWARE'S CHOICE. HAMERMESH, LAWRENCE A.; MONHAIT, NORMAN M. // Delaware Journal of Corporate Law;2014, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p71
The article discusses Section 203 of the Delaware General Corporation Law (DGCL). Topics discussed include approach of the council and the Delaware General Assembly in amending the DGCL, amending the DGCL when needed, and initiating legislative action rarely affecting Delaware's status as the...
- Keeping Current: Delaware Passes Legislation Prohibiting Fee-Shifting Bylaws and Validating Exclusive Forum Selection Bylaws for Stock Corporations. Dodd, Jeff C.; Maloney, James Edward // Business Law Today;Aug2015, p1
The article reports on a bill approved by the Delaware General Assembly (DGA) that amends the Delaware General Corporation Law (DGCL). It mentions that Delaware Governor Jack Markell signed the bill into law on June 24, 2015. It adds that the amendments were proposed in response to decision of...
- Markell to Submit Nominee to Succeed Chief Justice Steele. // NACD Directorship;Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p15
The article reports that Delaware Governor Jack Markell will submit a nominee to the state's General Assembly to succeed state Supreme Court Chief Justice Myron T. Steele who will be stepping down in September 2014. It reports that the short list of nominees includes state Supreme Court Justice...
- INSIDE POLITICS: ACROSS STATE LINES. // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Aug2006, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p18
The article presents news briefs on politics in the U.S. A revised contract for a state natural gas pipeline is being expected by Alaska governor Frank Murkowski before the November 2006 election. Some worker's compensation legislation was not accomplished by the Delaware General Assembly. Evan...
- At press time: Legislative happenings. // Resource Recycling;Jul2009, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p88
The article offers updates related to legislative bills concerning recycling in the U.S. The Delaware General Assembly has approved the House Bill 201 which will repeal its beverage container deposit redemption program. The New York Assembly has passed the Assembly Bill 9049 or the...
- State Finances in 1995 and the Draft Budget for 1996. Sinelnikov-Murylev, S. // Problems of Economic Transition;Jul96, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p54
Focuses on the finances of the Duma state in 1995 and budget for 1996. Law on the budget passed on June 24, 1994; Modification in the concept of macroeconomic policy in autumn 1994 by the government; Draft budget for the year 1996.