RateGenius.com: Bringing Banks Back into the Auto Loan Business
- RateGenius Offering Web Loans in Texas. // American Banker;1/11/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 8, p17
Reports that online financial company RateGenius Inc. has begun offering automobile loans in four Texas markets. Announcement that it has secured an additional one million dollar in financing.
- From 'commish' to web lender. Holliday, Karen Kahler // ABA Banking Journal;Aug2000, Vol. 92 Issue 8, p7
Focuses on the appointment of Catherine A. Ghiglieri as chief executive officer of rateGenius, an Internet auction site for banks. Background information on rateGenius; Career background and credentials of Ghiglieri; Comments from Ghiglieri.
- RateGenius Signs Up Customer For Web Loan Auction Service. Power, Carol // American Banker;7/12/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 132, p12
Informs that RateGenius Inc., an Austin, Texas Web company, is preparing to start auctioning consumer loans and has signed up the Independent Bankers Bank of Dallas as its first customer. Member banks' initial bid on automobile refinancing loans; One of a growing number of financial Internet...
- Aide to Sen. Mack in Race for FDIC Board; Ex-Texas Commissioner to Run a Dot-Com. // American Banker;6/19/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 117, p5
Reports on executive changes in the banking industry in the United States, as of June 18, 2000. Inclusion of John Reich to the list of contenders for the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. board; Appointment of Catherine A. Ghiglieri to chief executive officer of rateGenius Inc.
- Economic development authority lenders. // Business News New Jersey;1998 Book of Lists, Vol. 11, p40
Ranks economic development authority lenders in New Jersey by total amount of loans provided to companies in the state. Includes Bear Stearns & Co.; Smith Barney; Merrill Lynch Pierce Fenner; Corestates Capital Markets Group; Morgan Stanley & Co.
- Job hazards. Lawson, Ron // Dirt Bike;Nov95, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p6
Narrates the author's experience during an interview with a United States loan officer. Function of the author as an editor; Description of work environment; Nature of task performed.
- Small Business Administration lenders. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);5/1/95, Vol. 15 Issue 43, p30
Presents a list of loan servicing companies in Louisiana ranked according to the value of Small Business Administration loans outstanding locally in 1994. Includes First National Bank of Commerce; MetroBank; Premier Bank; Jefferson Guaranty Bank.
- A portfolio value rule has gone by the boards. Kulkosky, Edward // American Banker;8/10/93, Vol. 158 Issue 152, p8
Examines the value of a mortgage servicing portfolio. Obsoleteness of prevailing rule of thumb; Need to look at acquired company's balance sheet.
- TOP SBA lenders. Christini, Colette // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;05/18/98, Vol. 27 Issue 47, Focus p9
Presents information on the top Small Business Administration lenders in Utah, based on dollar amount of loans approved in 1997.