How to draw the crowds
- GLM to Launch Javits Market Showrooms. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Oct2004, Vol. 105 Issue 10, p10
Introduction of market time showrooms in the Jacob Javits Convention Center during the winter 2005 by George Little Management in United states.
- Regional Marts. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;2006 Buyers Guide, p226
Presents an expanded directory of trade marts and permanent showrooms in the U.S.
- Marts expand in national boom. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Dec94, Vol. 95 Issue 12, p8
Reports that marts are responding to changes in retail by expanding exhibit space for gifts and decorative accessories vendors and categories. Incentives for increased buyer traffic at markets.
- GlobalShop: Interactive is top trend. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/2/1999, Vol. 177 Issue 21, p9
Reports on trends in visual merchandising, marketing, and product display in the United States. Interactive technology; Innovative lighting; Integrated marketing; Multidimensional storefronts; Open-sell departments.
- Stores gear up for trading in the dark. Walker, Gaelle // Convenience Store;3/30/2012, p10
The article reports that retailers are preparing for a tobacco display ban that will be enforced in large English stores starting on April 6, 2012, restricting the area to no more than 1.5 square meters and covered with special doors to make them inaccessible to anyone under 18.
- GOOD MERCHANDISING ON A ROLL. Todd, David // DIY Week;5/16/2014, Issue 5754, p10
The article offers merchandising tips to wallpaper retailers, including displaying different designs on boards, using clip strips to link-sell items and using sample books to allow customers to see various designs.
- As discerning thieves target Manuka honey, retailers clamp down. Montague-Jones, Guy // Grocer;8/17/2013, p4
The article reports on the decision by retailers to limit the number of Manuka honey jars on shelf and put security boxes in August 2013 to stop shoplifters from getting the expensive superfood.
- A Brand Statement Inked. Lavsi, Mansi // VMRD (Visual Merchandising & Retail Design);Jul2014, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p25
A review is offered for Ed Hardy store located in Bangalore, India.
- Taking it to the shelves. Schulman, Milt // Playthings;Jun95, Vol. 93 Issue 6, p48
Presents viewpoints of toy store owners in the United States on the role that retailers should play in merchandising of licensed products. Setting of the tone of the stores by special feature displays; Licensing as a vehicle for tying of advertisements together; Licensing companies' development...