- Proudly, an easeful elegance returns. Calvert, Catherine; Freeman, Kim // Victoria;Oct95, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p82
Focuses on the revival of wicker furniture. Combination of wicker and brass armchair; Campaign desk; Chippendale-style armoire.
- Wicker perseveres. Garet, Barbara // Wood & Wood Products;Sep95, Vol. 100 Issue 10, p51
Focuses on the history, use and design value of wicker furniture. Importation of wicker chairs from England in the 1600s; Role of wicker furniture in the Atlantic Crossing of Charles Lindbergh's solo flight in 1927; Popularity of wicker furniture during the Victorian era; Design of wicker...
- Swinging pretty. McWilliams, Mary // Southern Living;May94, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p164
Features the wicker porch swing as an alternative to sofas. Hanging technique from ceiling; Accenting of wicker by cushions and pillows in a variety of colors.
- Wicker picker uppers. // Better Homes & Gardens;Apr96, Vol. 74 Issue 4, p38
Offers a look at the wicker chairs for furnishing the home. Durability of the wicker; Key to a successful finish; How to enhance the look of your wicker.
- Cyrus Wakefield's smart idea. Pushkar, Robert // Yankee;June97, Vol. 61 Issue 6, p56
Relates the evolution of wicker furniture in America. Tribute to the innovative idea's of Cyrus Wakefield; Design; Antiquity; Reproductions; Authenticity. INSET: Taking care of old wicker..
- Untitled. Graham, Frances L. // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Apr94, Vol. 99 Issue 2, p4
Editorial. Discusses the revival of buyers' interest in wicker furniture. Comfort of wicker chairs in winter and in summer; Reaping of rewards during surges in popularity of certain categories of collectibles.
- The wicker revival. May, Stephen // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Apr94, Vol. 99 Issue 2, p38
Features the history of wicker furniture in America. Market for inexpensive Asian imports; Evolution from minimalist curvilinear forms to exuberant styles; Introduction of willow-and-rattan furniture technology to the country; Difficulties of evaluating and appraising antique wicker.
- NEW AT MARKET: WICKER & RATTAN. // Furniture/Today;3/17/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 28, p52
Presents product trends in wicker and rattan furniture as of March 17, 2003. Manchester armchair from Tribor; Hyacinth collection from Four Hands; Pineapple chair made of pole rattan from Palecek.
- PATIO FURNITURE 411. // Good Housekeeping;Jul2010, Vol. 251 Issue 1, p104
The article presents a comparison of the most common materials used in outdoor furniture including aluminum, wicker and wood.