- Citrus industry copes with hurricane damage. // Beverage Industry;Nov2004, Vol. 95 Issue 11, p10
Reports on the efforts of the citrus industry of Florida to cope with the damages brought by the 2004 hurricane season to the region. Percentage of Florida grapefruit crop lost due to hurricanes; Increase in prices of orange juice by Pepsico's Tropicana Products Inc.; Amount of fund to be spent...
- Jugo de naranja. Sutter, Mary // Latin Trade (Spanish);may/jun2011, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p76
No abstract available.
- New orange taste is sweeter, better. CURLEE, DON // California Farmer;Jan2013, Vol. 296 Issue 1, p13
The author discusses the "California Standard," a measure for predicting the flavor of navel oranges as per the consumer requirement, and highlights that the use of ripeness indicators has helped California's citrus industry to retain the sweeter taste of oranges.
- OJ yo yo. // Beverage World;Mar1995, Vol. 114 Issue 1587, p14
Cites the plunge in the price of orange juice commodity prices four days after a hike in the price of Brazilian orange juice. Revision of Brazil's estimates of orange production; Prices on the New York Cotton Exchange.
- Impact of FDA orange juice import ban uncertain. Hawkes, Logan // Western Farm Press Exclusive Insight;1/18/2012, p7
The article reports on the uncertainty over the impact of the move by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to ban imports of foreign orange juice products on the Rio Grande Valley citrus industry. The move came after the discovery of fungicide contamination in shipments from Brazil. It is noted...
- Fresh-Squeezed Wine. Edge, John T. // Gourmet;Nov2002, Vol. 62 Issue 11, p46
Discusses attempts of citrus growers of southern Louisiana at cultivating kumquats, oranges and grapefruit. Effect of bad climatic conditions on the growth of citrus fruits; Determination of the cultivators; Method of making wine through frostbitten and windfall fruit.
- Florida's orange production declining. LUSH, TAMARA // Farm & Dairy;4/17/2014, Vol. 100 Issue 30, pB31
The article focuses on the 2013-2014 citrus production report of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) which shows that the 2014 orange harvest in Florida will be the lowest in the decade due to the citrus greening disease.
- Orange scream. Berry, Donna Gorski // Dairy Foods;Sep98, Vol. 99 Issue 9, p26
Introduces Orange Scream, an orange juice-flavored milk developed by orange industry veterans Julian Fussel and Chuck Thomas. Health benefits of the product; Available sizes; Price; Information on Richfood Inc., the first dairy to debut the product.
- Monkeyshines' Adventures while in the Florida Orange Groves. Briggs, Johnny // Monkeyshines on America;Dec1998 Florida Issue, p35
The article focuses on orange groves in Florida. Trees in the groves stretched out in endless rows for what seemed like miles and miles. In the past oranges were a rare treat in the state. Thanks to huge orchards and scientific methods of farming, anyone in the U.S. could have orange juice...