- Citrus industry copes with hurricane damage. // Beverage Industry;Nov2004, Vol. 95 Issue 11, p10
Reports on the efforts of the citrus industry of Florida to cope with the damages brought by the 2004 hurricane season to the region. Percentage of Florida grapefruit crop lost due to hurricanes; Increase in prices of orange juice by Pepsico's Tropicana Products Inc.; Amount of fund to be spent...
- Jugo de naranja. Sutter, Mary // Latin Trade (Spanish);may/jun2011, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p76
No abstract available.
- New orange taste is sweeter, better. CURLEE, DON // California Farmer;Jan2013, Vol. 296 Issue 1, p13
The author discusses the "California Standard," a measure for predicting the flavor of navel oranges as per the consumer requirement, and highlights that the use of ripeness indicators has helped California's citrus industry to retain the sweeter taste of oranges.
- OJ yo yo. // Beverage World;Mar1995, Vol. 114 Issue 1587, p14
Cites the plunge in the price of orange juice commodity prices four days after a hike in the price of Brazilian orange juice. Revision of Brazil's estimates of orange production; Prices on the New York Cotton Exchange.
- Impact of FDA orange juice import ban uncertain. Hawkes, Logan // Western Farm Press Exclusive Insight;1/18/2012, p7
The article reports on the uncertainty over the impact of the move by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to ban imports of foreign orange juice products on the Rio Grande Valley citrus industry. The move came after the discovery of fungicide contamination in shipments from Brazil. It is noted...
- Fresh-Squeezed Wine. Edge, John T. // Gourmet;Nov2002, Vol. 62 Issue 11, p46
Discusses attempts of citrus growers of southern Louisiana at cultivating kumquats, oranges and grapefruit. Effect of bad climatic conditions on the growth of citrus fruits; Determination of the cultivators; Method of making wine through frostbitten and windfall fruit.
- USDA: Citrus Crops Recovering. // SN: Supermarket News;12/10/2007, Vol. 55 Issue 50, p31
This article reports on a forecast for production of citrus fruits in the U.S. during the 2007-2008 season. The Department of Agriculture projected an increase in the volume of citrus fruits that will be produced. The agency believed the industry, especially the orange market, will recover after...
- Saving the orange. Cohoon, Sharon // Sunset;Feb2007, Vol. 218 Issue 2, p92
The article discusses the efforts of orange grower, Bob Knight to control the real estate development in the area. According to the article, orange groves in the Inland Empire counties are being transformed into homes and shopping centers at an alarming rate. Knight established the Inland Orange...
- ENVIRONMENTAL ASSESSMENT OF THE CITRUS FRUIT PRODUCTION IN SICILY USING LCA. GIUDICE, A. LO; MBOHWA, C.; CLASADONTE, M. T.; INGRAO, C. // Italian Journal of Food Science;2013, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p202
Citrus production is one of the most important sectors of Sicilian agriculture. In particular, Sicilian orange production is of the best quality, producing mainly pigmented or blood oranges (cv tarocco, Moro, and Sanguinello). No other region in the Mediterranean area or on the American...