Orthopaedic Management Improves the Rate of Early Osteoporosis Treatment After Hip Fracture: A Randomized Clinical Trial
- Improved materials, techniques for hip resurfacing may correct past problems. Brockenbrough, Gina // Orthopedics Today;May2009, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p14
The article emphasizes the significance of improved materials and techniques to address the problems associated with hip resurfacing.
- The Quality of Reporting of Randomized Trials in The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery from 1988 through 2000. Bhandari, Mohit; Richards, Robin R.; Sprague, Sheila; Schemitsch, Emil H. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Mar2002, Vol. 84-A Issue 3, p388
Examines the inter-rater agreement in the scoring of study quality with the use of simple scale. Lack of concealed randomization; Causal inferences on the effects of treatments; Increase of the awareness and performance of randomized trials in orthopedic surgery.
- UConn Health Center Researchers Looking at Novel Approach to Osteoporosis Prevention and Treatment. Shaskan, Jane // Townsend Letter for Doctors & Patients;May2002, Issue 226, p27
Examines the use of sleeping mat with natural energy field for treating or preventing osteoporosis at the University of Connecticut Health Center in Connecticut. Subject of the clinical trials; Enhancement of intercellular activity to prevent osteoporosis; Effect of an alternative approach on...
- The pioneering keyhole surgery that has revolutionised treatment of hip problems at Addenbrookeâ€™s. // Operating Theatre Journal;p9
No abstract available.
- Economic Evaluation of Desirudin Heparin in Deep Vein Thrombosis Prevention after Hip Replacement Surgery. Levin, L-k.; Horst, M.; Bergqvist, D. // PharmacoEconomics;1998 Supplement 1, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p111
Deep vein thrombosis is a serious complication of orthopaedic surgery and can lead to pulmonary embolism and long term post-thrombotic syndrome. A simulation model based on both epidemiological data and data from clinical trials was used to compare the long term cost effectiveness of standard...
- NOI Gets FDA Clearance for Trial of Bone Growth Stimulator. // Biotech Business;Jan2000, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p7
Reports that the National Osteoporosis Institute received clearance from the United States Food and Drug Administration to begin a clinical trial with the Bone Growth Simulator of Orthofix International NV for the treatment of osteoporosis.
- Amgen's investigational bone loss injection shows promise. // PharmaWatch: Biotechnology;November 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 11, p8
Announces that AMG 162, the investigational osteoporosis therapy of biotechnology company Amgen, significantly increased total hip bone mineral density at all doses. Results from an ongoing phase II dose ranging trial designed to evaluate the safety and efficacy of AMG 162; Indication that AMG...
- Orthopedic Surgery. Root, Leon // Exceptional Parent;Jun99, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p49
Focuses on the benefits of orthopedic surgery in children with cerebral palsy. Information on `muscle lengthening'; Tendon surgeries; Surgery for hip problems.
- Time to Ambulation After Hip Fracture Surgery: Relation to Hospitalization Outcomes. Kamel, Hosam K.; Iqbal, Mohammad A.; Mogallapu, Ratna; Maas, Diana; Hoffmann, Raymond G. // Journals of Gerontology Series A: Biological Sciences & Medical ;Nov2003, Vol. 58A Issue 11, p1042
Objective. To test the hypothesis: Time to ambulation (walking) after hip fracture surgery impacts the frequency of postoperative complications and length of hospital stay. Methods. A retrospective observational study of a cohort of all patients admitted to a university teaching hospital with a...