c'mon get happy
- A Winning Attitude. // Going Bonkers;Jan2011, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p58
The article discusses the advantages of having a positive mental attitude.
- Let a smile be your ontology. Callahan, Sidney // Commonweal;10/6/95, Vol. 122 Issue 17, p7
Presents the author's insights on cheerfulness. Addiction to optimism; Powerlessness to resist the urge to stay cheerful; Coexistence of different temperaments among cultures.
- THINK HAPPY THOUGHTS. Neal, Victoria // Entrepreneur;Jun2000, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p16
Presents tips on how to be an optimistic entrepreneur. Changing body language; Thinking of solutions, not problems; Speaking in a cheerful voice; Using upbeat words; Avoiding emotional vampires.
- Differential predictive power of the positively versus the negatively worded items... Lai, Julian C.L. // Psychological Reports;Dec94 Part 2, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p1507
Presents a study in which the self-report measure of dispositional optimism called Life Orientation Test was administered to Hong Kong undergraduates. Factor analysis; Prediction of physical symptom reports from scores on the positive and negative subscales; Implications.
- Positivity perk. // Good Health (ACP Publishing PTY Limited);Nov2011, p20
The article discusses various studies related to health including one on positive outlook for life, taking care of overall health, and sensitivity to pain.
- Pranks a lot. // Better Homes & Gardens;Apr2012, Vol. 90 Issue 4, p194
The article looks at the study which found people who laugh at their own expense are more cheerful and optimistic.
- The bright spot on dark days needs to be you. // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/29/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 44, p15
The article offers tips on how employees drowning in negativity improve their attitude. First, eliminate the national news reporting recession in the U.S. Next, read something positive or listen to a positive message every single day. Finally, spend a few minutes each day reviewing all the good...
- Happiness Explained. Morris, Holly J. // U.S. News & World Report;9/3/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 8, p46
Focuses on happiness. Factors which contribute to a person's happiness; Examples of what people do to find happiness; Need to focus on one's goals and pursue them; Cultivation of positive emotions; How an optimistic attitude can be a key way to help hope and happiness flourish, INSETS: How...
- Feeling youthful. // Health & Fitness Magazine;May2013, p10
This article focuses on the topic of feeling youthful. According to David Hamilton, author of the book "How Your Mind Can Heal Your Body," negative feelings about ageing can create more stress on the cardiovascular system and weaken immunity, leading to an older-looking face and body. The...