Staying on Top
- Business competence starts at the top. Walsh, Thomas // Business Journal (Central New York);1/28/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p22
Discusses competency trust for business owners and leaders. Assertion on the need for continuous learning in managers and business owners; Role of managers and leaders in a business failure; Importance of leadership competence for managers.
- Leaders who are reasonable are bad for business. Owen, Jo // Director (00123242);Dec2003, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p28
Discusses the distinctions between reasonable and unreasonable managers. Factors which contribute to success in business; Gap between being unreasonable and being unacceptable.
- What is business really about? Lewinter, Howard // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;10/17/2003, Issue 323153, p17
Discusses the attributes of a successful chief executive officer, a corporate president or a business owner. Knowledge of the industry; Constant consideration of oneself as a student of business; Knowledge of business through readings and participation in business gatherings; Practice of...
- Creative minds. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);03/19/99, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p1C
Presents the results of a survey on the views by executives on whether employers are encouraging workers more or less to be creative.
- ON WINGS OF CREATIVITY. Safian, Robert // Fast Company;Jun2012, Issue 166, p16
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses the issue's cover story, the article "100 Most Creative People in Business" about businesspeople who, in 2012, have evince creativity in their work such as entrepreneur Cyrus Massoumi, charity founder Yael Cohen, and entrepreneur Maelle...
- Se necesita un emprendedor, pero tambi�n un directivo. D�vila, Antonio // Revista de Antiguos Alumnos del IEEM;2009, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p13
No abstract available.
- Creating Entrepreneurial Opportunities as a Means to Maintain Entrepreneurial Talent in Corporations. Johnson, Kevin L.; Wu, Cindy // Journal of Small Business & Entrepreneurship;2012, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p327
This paper considers how to retain the right talent to support corporate entrepreneurial interests such as internal corporate ventures by taking a new look at why individuals leave corporations and become entrepreneurs. We sought to first examine why entrepreneurs leave. The job satisfaction...
- Remember your purpose. Huling, Jim // Smart Business Tampa Bay;Nov2009, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p5
The author offers his view on the significance of acknowledging the main purpose of businessmen to succeed. He notes that businessmen tend to be conscious when they do something that they feel right. He points out that they are conscious about their call when it does not exist. He believes that...
- Putting design at the heart. // Brand Strategy;Feb2004, Issue 179, p18
Interviews management guru Tom Peters and Imagination Co. marketing and strategic planning director Ralph Adrill, regarding ways on bringing creativity to the center of business where design and branding are taken into consideration. Suggestions on the extent to which design can be used to...