- Who controls leads? Sanford, Donna // Expo Magazine;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p8
The article focuses on the implication of emerging technologies for the special events industry in 2009 in the U.S. It claims that these emerging technologies put lead retrieval into the hands of attendees instead of exhibitors. It mentions show management that has access to metrics which the...
- Research body in visitor drive. // Marketing Event;Jan2000, p14
Reports on the launching of the Exhibition Industry Promotion Campaign by the United States Center for Exhibition Industry Research (CEIR) to increase visitor attendance. Aim of the campaign; Focus of the advertisements; Remarks from Douglas Ducate, president of CEIR.
- Fail and fail again. Succeed faster. Wilkins, James // Conference & Incentive Travel;Oct2011, p16
In this article the author comments on the importance of innovation for the special events industry.
- Insights. // Conference & Incentive Travel;Nov/Dec2011, p17
The article tackles various issues related to the special events industry in Great Britain. It offers information on how to win a two night stay at BarcelÃ³ La Bobadilla in Spain with dinner and airfare. It shows tweets on Adding Value's Randle London, on conscience and principles, and on a...
- Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre. // Spice;Feb2011, Issue 1, p26
In this article the author looks at the challenges, prospects, and opportunities for the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (MCEC) in Melbourne, Victoria. He believes that the industry has not recovered fully from the Global Financial Crisis in 2009 as reflected by reduced levels of...
- RSVP 05 strikes the right chord. Fletcher, Mike // Event;May2005, p13
Presets the highlights of the RSVP show organized by Single Market Events held in Olympia, Washington from April 6 to 7, 2005. Increase in the number of events planners who visited the show; Topics discussed in the seminars conducted during the event organized by Mask Event Design and...
- Telegraph audits show spend. // Event;Mar2005, p6
Reports on the audit being done by British newspaper brand "The Daily Telegraph" on its annual marketing strategy. Possible exhibitions that might be affected by the outcome of the audit; Impact of the of the audit on its staff.
- Sales Q&A. Cole, Dan // Expo Magazine;May2007, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p16
The article offers insights for event planners on selling against falling show attendance. It cites the importance of focusing on the customer's actual attendance objectives. It mentions the need for planners to develop talking points to articulate reasons why the attendance might have declined....
- Attendee marketing. Tormohlen, Danica // Expo Magazine;Nov2006, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p42
The article reveals the plans of shows organizers to increase their budgets on attendee marketing in 2007, according to the results of an online survey conducted by "EXPO Magazine" and Exhibit Surveys Inc. in September 2006. Trade show organizers are sending more promotions to prospective...