MTV TUNES UP JAPAN
- MTV closes the box. McAdams, Deborah D. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/30/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 45, p26
Reports the consolidation of the Box Music Network of the Music Television Networks to create a single music network called MTV2. Service offered in Music Box; Number of network subscribers; Distribution deals of the network with Time Warner Cable, AT&T and Comcast; Retention of the...
- Fanfare Launch Pushed Back, Again. // Multichannel News;06/05/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p18
Reveals the plan of classical music channel Fanfare to launch its services in the third or fourth quarter of 2000. Public broadcaster WETA-TV's creation of the digital cable network; Procrastination of planned debut in Thanksgiving 1999 and the second quarter of 2000.
- Locals challenge MTV juggernaut. Paxman, Andrew // Variety;11/13/95, Vol. 361 Issue 2, p46
Discusses the popularity of MTV Latino in Latin American countries that was launched in 1993. Statistics on its viewership; Interest of advertisers and sponsors in the channel; Challenges that could be faced in the future following the launch of various international musical channels.
- Channel V, MTV in Oz. Eliezer, Christie; Burpee, Geoff // Billboard;03/29/97, Vol. 109 Issue 13, p6
Discusses the actions of Hong Kong-based Channel V to take over the Australian 24-hour music television channel RED. The company's competition with rival company Music Television; Details of the deal between Channel V Music Network Partnership and XYZ Entertainment; The expansion of Channel V...
- Channel V tries original programs. Levin, Mike // Billboard;10/22/94, Vol. 106 Issue 43, p47
Reports on Channel V's plan of developing a Taiwan series around a Chinese group of singing idols aimed at changing the Asian market's perception of music television. Comment of Darren Childs on the channel's programming moves; Plans of airing a series of live Chinese-music concerts from Hard...
- Further `Behind the Music'. Pursell, Chris // Daily Variety;04/07/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 26, pB4
Focuses on music television channel VH1's `Behind the Music' series, which features some of the top recording artists in the United States. Channel's core audience; Level of interest that recording artists have in appearing on the series; Plans for the new series `Behind the Music 2.'
- MTV Enters Korean Music-TV Market. Hau, Louis // Billboard;7/21/2001, Vol. 113 Issue 29, p60
Reports on the launch of a 24-hour music television channel by Music Television (MTV) in South Korea. Details of the channel; Music that will air on MTV Korea; Initial challenge facing the channel; Launch of Channel V Korea by Channel V Music Networks; Advantage that Channel V Korea and MTV...
- A magic kingdom of music specials. Atwood, Brett // Billboard;11/12/94, Vol. 106 Issue 46, p14
Reports on record labels' utilization of family-oriented cable service to garner exposure for their top acts. Expansion of Disney Channel's primetime schedule to include more music programming; Acts featured over the cable channel; Disney Channel's strategy to lure adult viewers to its...
- BET's Music Network Jazzes Up On-Air Look. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;10/16/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 42, p44
Reports the launching of an on-air look and updated logo for the fall season premiers of the BET on Jazz music network in the United States. Role of the Haley Miranda Group in designing the logo; Support of the lineup by print campaigns and retail distributions; Subscribers of the cable...