House GOP Drops Plan For Cap Hike
- International Insight. Belcsak, Hans P // Business Credit;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 102 Issue 7, p52
Discusses financial developments in Brazil as of July 2000. Appearance of Brazilian external bonds carrying lower yields than similar paper issued by Argentina and Colombia although the Brazilian IOU have inferior foreign debt ratings; Decline in interest rates; Brazilian Congress' approval of...
- House set to consider bond cap. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;11/3/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30761, p1
Focuses on United States House of Representatives' consideration of proposals to speed up the increase in the private-activity bond volume cap. Goal of raising the low-income housing tax credit limit; Uncertainty over the fate of two-bond related provisions in a minimum-wage increase bill.
- Turmoil over spending, tax plans may doom bond measures. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;10/20/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30751, p6
Focuses on the use of a minimum wage bill as a vehicle for bond proposals in the United States. Limitation of wage bills to the small-business-related tax cuts; Spending and tax plans of President Bill Clinton.
- House panel adopts wage bill that includes bond measures. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;11/10/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30766, p5
Reports on the approval by the United States House Ways and Means Committee of the last pending tax bill in 1999, which includes provisions dealing with tax-exempt bonds. Main sponsor of the wage bill; Bond provisions of the bill; Wage increase mandated in the legislation; US Senate's version...
- House wage bill may include bond-friendly cap increases. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;10/13/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30746, p5
Focuses on chairman of the United States House Banking and Financial Services Committee Rick Lazio's drafting of a minimum-wage bill that will increase both the private-activity bond volume cap and the cap on low-income housing tax credits. Retention of several provisions from the Congress'...
- Brazil: Whither The Selic? // Emerging Markets Monitor;4/26/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p11
Reports on the economic trends in Brazil as of April 26, 2004. Plan of Congress to increase the minimum wage; Effect of net capital outflows on the real; Performance of foreign sovereign bonds.
- IN THE MIDNIGHT HOUR. Floreen, David // Massachusetts Banker;2014 3rd Quarter, p8
The article reflects on the Massachusetts Legislature concluding on July 31, 2014 which highlights enactment of capital bond packages to finance several sectors such as transportation, increase in minimum wage of labor and bills dealing with workplace issues. Topics discussed include expanding...
- Federal Minimum Hourly Wage Rates Since 1950. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p150
No abstract available.
- The art of killing with kindness. Collins, Jerry // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;12/12/94, Vol. 21 Issue 52, p25
States that the British Columbia official minimum wage will surpass Ontario's nation-leading base rate of $6.70 an hour and leave Alberta's $5 rate in the dust. British Columbia's Labor Minister's claim that the legislation is a matter of fairness; What many economists and businessmen say...