- briefly noted. // U.S. Catholic;Mar2011, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p42
A list of books is presented including "Lent and Easter Wisdom from Saint Benedict," by Judith Sutera; "Daily Reflections for Lent," by Robert F. Morneau and "Divine Rebels; and "Blessings and Prayers for Married Couples," by Isabel Anders.
- OTHER BOOKS RECEIVED. // Catholic Historical Review;Jan2008, Vol. 94 Issue 1, p216
A list of books related to the Catholic Church is presented, including "Some Family: The Mormons and How Humanity Keeps Track of Itself," by Donald Harman Akenson, "One Hundred Great Catholic Books: From the Early Centuries to the Present," by Don Brophy, and "The Everlasting Man," by G. K....
- Up Periscope on Books. Gardiner, Harold C. // America;10/18/1958, Vol. 100 Issue 3, p73
The article recommends several Catholic books in the U.S. The intellectual failure of Catholicism in the U.S. is tackled in the book "American Catholic Dilemma," by Thomas F. O'Dea. One of the Catholic biographies suggested by the author is "Three Cardinals: Newman, Manning and Wiseman," by E....
- Literature. MASSE, BENJAMIN C. // America;2/15/1930, Vol. 42 Issue 19, p460
The author offers information on hagiography as a form of Catholic literature about the lives of saints. He states that the Catholic church has a thousand saints from which to draw inspiration for this form of literature yet in the U.S., this type of literature has been neglected. He attributes...
- PARADOX TO THE SOUTH. Gwynn, Donald G. // America;7/18/1942, Vol. 67 Issue 15, p409
The article presents an analysis regarding the literature of South America and its implication in Catholic Church. It states that Catholic authors do not seem to have busied themselves with proselytizing for their ideals and ideas about life while anti-Catholic authors are steeped in an...
- CATHOLIC LETTERS. Gallagher, Daniel B. // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Feb2014, Issue 240, p10
A letter to the editor is presented that responds to the article "The Catholic Writer Today" by Dana Gioia in the December 2013 issue, which discusses the relationship between Roman Catholic bishops and Roman Catholic authors as a factor in a Catholic literary culture.
- CATHOLIC LETTERS. // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Feb2014, Issue 240, p13
A reply is presented to responses to the author's article "The Catholic Writer Today" in the December 2013 issue, which discusses the relationship between U.S. Roman Catholic literary culture and Roman Catholic bishops, as well as the piety of Catholic authors.
- With the Librarians. Talbot, Francis // America;7/2/1932, Vol. 47 Issue 13, p309
The article reviews the periodicals on the Catholic Church such as "Catholic Library World" and "Catholic Periodical Index."
- 'Black Jack' Robinson is alive and well and writing for the Ottawa Citizen. Byfield, Ted; Byfield, Virginia // Report / Newsmagazine (National Edition);10/09/2000, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p38
Comments on the Vatican statement entitled 'Dominus Iesus,' which refers to non-Catholic religions as defective. Media response to the statement, including that of 'Ottawa Citizen' reporter Susan Riley; Riley's opinion that moral certainties are the Pope's stock in trade; Mention of John R....