Indirect-Evaporative A/C Contributes to Landmark's Sustainability Efforts
- Abstracts Sought for CLIMA 2010 Congress. // ASHRAE Journal;Jul/Aug2009 Ashrae Insights, p5
The article offers information on the extended deadline for submission of abstracts for the CLIMA 2010 World Congress until September 30, 2009. It mentions that the activity was sponsored by the European Federation of Heating and Ventilating Associations (REHVA) and the American Society of...
- Tech Challenge. // IE3;Mar2012, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p12
A quiz related to the technical problems of an air-conditioning system is presented.
- Mixed-mode ventilation: Hvac meets Mother Nature. Brager, Gail S.; Ring, Erik; Powell, Kevin // Engineered Systems;May2000, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p60
Describes mixed-mode air conditioning, a hybrid approach to air conditioning that combines natural ventilation with mechanical ventilation and cooling. Mixed-mode design; Advantages of mixed-mode buildings over sealed-air conditioned buildings; Barriers to implementation. INSET: Interesting...
- The Air Feels Sick in Here. Anesi, Jen // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;4/21/2014, Vol. 251 Issue 16, p22
The article presents the author's views on the importance of healthy ventilation system in buildings.
- Q&A Central Air Conditioning. // New Life Journal: Carolina Edition;Aug2008, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p50
The article provides an answer to a question of how to make central air conditioning a healthy and efficient option.
- Danfoss gives industry outlook at AHR Expo. // Snips;Apr2012, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p30
The article reports on the outlook and policy trends for the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) industry in 2012 that were given by Danfoss seniors leaders during the International Air-Conditioning, Heating & Refrigerating Exposition (AHR Expo) in Chicago, Illinois on January 24.
- Back to Basics. McKew, Howard J. // Engineered Systems;Nov2002, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p18
Discusses basic information on the tenant space heating, ventilation and air-conditioning system a VAV terminal and a two-pipe fancoil unit.
- Time & Life makes news with rare triful chiller plant. // Engineered Systems;Nov2002, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p20
Focuses on the use of a trifuel plant in the Time and Life Building that uses electri-, steam- and natural gas-powered chillers to meet increasing cooling demands.
- Chillers, AHUs free engineers to air condition historic Miami tower. // Engineered Systems;Nov2002, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p22
Discusses the type of air conditioning system that will be used for the Freedom Tower in Miami, Florida.