Commissioning Life-Safety Systems
- Building Security Debate Continues. Hall, John R. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;2/11/2002, Vol. 215 Issue 7, p1
Focuses on the continuing debate on system safety, contractor liability and technical improvements of air conditioning, heating and refrigeration in the United States. Questions on building access and containment of biological agents; Limitations on the access to information; Containment and...
- Safe service and lockout/tagout procedures. Checket-Hanks, B. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;02/14/2000, Vol. 209 Issue 7, p1
Discusses the importance for technicians in the heating/ventilation and air conditioning industries to follow the basic procedures in locking and tagging out a system during service and maintenance as a protection against accidents. Assurance that machines and electricity remain out of service...
- Business-generating ideas. Buwalda, Ken // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;5/27/96, Vol. 198 Issue 4, p16
Provides suggestions on how to keep employees aware of safety procedures in the heating and ventilation industry. Use of safety boxes.
- Protect yourself: Safety tips to apply on the job. Schaub, John C. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;06/21/99, Vol. 207 Issue 8, p1
Offers safety tips for heating, ventilation and air conditioning technicians. Handling of compressor startups; Safety in using electrical devices; Working with low-temperature walk-in freezers.
- Products Help Schools Conserve Energy. Checket-Hanks, B. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;1/19/2004, Vol. 221 Issue 3, p10
Focuses on the concern of school districts in controlling energy costs in the U.S. Importance of equipment modifications that corrected chiller and temperature control predicaments; Warning given by the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE);...
- HVAC Contractors Crack Down on Distracted Driving. Schwartz, Kimberly // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;5/13/2013, Vol. 249 Issue 2, p1
The article discusses the efforts by heating, ventilation, air-conditioning & refrigeration (HVACR) contractors in the U.S. to prevent distracted driving among workers which might cause roadway accidents. Mechanical Contractors Association of America (MCAA) safety and health director Pete Chaney...
- What Will An Accident Cost You? // IE3;Sep2014, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p24
The article presents several safety tips for the employees of the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) industry in the U.S. It states the need to keep on a constant lookout from the front, sides, and below. It notes watching out for anything that is moving such as other people,...
- Panel tells how not to get burned in lawsuit. Ferenc, Jeff // Contractor Magazine;Nov94, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p5
Reports on the convention seminar of the National Association of Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors concerning scald accidents and explosions from flammable materials. Preventive measures; Involvement in product liability cases; Focus on self-protection.
- COMMISSIONING And Baseball. // Engineered Systems;Apr2011, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p26
The article discusses the process used by professional baseball teams to win games which can be applied to the process of commissioning a new Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning (HVAC) system. According to the article, commissioning team needs to put considerable effort of reviewing...