New Filtration Technology Keeps Cooling Tower Water Clean
- Another twist in filtration for high-purity and other systems. Frank, Henry // Water Technology;Sep2008, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p32
The article presents information related to water filtration technology. Typically granular activated carbon (GAC) is used in a packed bed or is combined into a filter media. A paradigm shift in carbon filtration is that fine activated carbon powder (-625 mesh) can now be used in a non-woven...
- The Filtration Factor: Polishing Water for Low-flow Zones. Frank, Luke // Landscape & Irrigation;Oct2006, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p8
The article discusses the importance of filtration on low-flow zones. According to the author, filtration devices should not be specified until contaminants in flow-zones have been identified as either inorganic or organic. The author discusses the most common sources of sediment and the types...
- Double-fluid steady filtration flows in near-shore water-bearing strata. Monakhov, V. N. // Journal of Applied Mechanics & Technical Physics;Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p818
Two-dimensional stationary problems of filtration of a fluid having unknown contact (free) boundaries with fixed fluids of different density (waterï¿½air and salt and fresh waters) are studied. The paper considers various applied problems of this type, which are encountered, for example, in...
- Fitting the Filter to the Function. Wensloff, David // Pollution Engineering;Mar2000, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p36
Discusses factors to consider when designing and installing a system for filtering solids from water and wastewater. Assessment of filtration needs such as desired level of filtration or filtered water quality; Two-dimensional surface-type filters; Three-dimensional sand-type filters; Rotary...
- Filter tips. Gledhill, Bob // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;1/30/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4258, p53
Provides tips on acquiring the best water filters. Reason given by caterers for rejecting the advice of suppliers on the importance of installing water filters; Description and health risks of limescale; Pros and cons of using reverse osmosis.
- Media Matters. Thomas, Ben // Pool & Spa News;1/27/2012, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p59
The article focuses on the importance of choosing the right filter media for a particular pool in order to save time and maintenance. Water clarity is a vital aspect of pool maintenance, whether a job site involves a small family pool or a big commercial vessel, but experts note that each type...
- Water filtration sales expected to spike. Howell, Debbie // DSN Retailing Today;3/10/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p33
Reports on the expected water filtration product sales. Heightened consumer concern about water safety.
- A Simplified Integrated Design Concept for Filters. Minton, Gary R. // Stormwater;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p54
The article discusses design criteria for various water filters. An effective filter design, regardless of filter type, has the following elements: requires surface vegetation as permitted by the climate, sizes filter areas through the use of Darcy's Law, and is consistent when specifying a...
- Discussion of “A procedure for the design of protective filters”. Delgado, Fernando; Poyatos, Jose M. // Canadian Geotechnical Journal;Mar2008, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p437
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one about analytical retention criteria and another about a procedure for the design of protective filters.