DOUBLE-ANTI CONTEST ENDS IN DOUBLE FIRST-PRIZE AWARD
- People In the News. Hurst, Marianne D. // Education Week;5/8/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p5
No abstract available.
- See Spot Win. Dill, Mallorre // Adweek Eastern Edition;5/7/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 19, p42
Focuses on advertising awards in the United States. Judging process for advertising competition; Messages of advertisements in U.S.
- Tech Awards Fueled By Military Needs. Rosenberg, Barry // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/30/2002, Vol. 157 Issue 14, p69
Focuses on the products nominated for Annual Technology Innovation Awards in the U.S. Judges for the contests; Presentation of the award at the Aerospace Expo 2002 conference; Criteria.
- New school board members: Get up to speed with 20 questions. // Curriculum Review;Jan1997, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p7
Presents a listing of 20 questions, from the Ohio Shool Boards Association `Journal,' that elected school board members can ask their colleagues.
- Closed election. // Quill;Jun96, Vol. 84 Issue 5, p72
Reports on the decision of Fairfax County, Virginia's first elected school board to conduct a significant discussion behind closed doors concerning a controversial vote for board chairman between Kristen J. Amundson and Robert E. Frye. Board's use of a state law that allows it to discuss the...
- Defining the leadership role of school boards in the 21st century. Campbell, Davis W.; Greene, Diane // Phi Delta Kappan;Jan94, Vol. 75 Issue 5, p391
Describes the California School Board Association's (CSBA) project of defining the governance responsibilities of school boards. Basis of a curriculum for training school boards; Defining the role of the school board; Importance of school boards. INSET: School board reform in West Virginia, by...
- Mogul Minutes. // Munday Courier (TX);1/26/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p2
In this article the author discusses the responsibilities of Texan school board members and Texan governor Rick Perry proclaiming January as School Board Recognition Month in which the Munday Consolidated Independent so also participating.
- Why I Need Micromanaging Board Members. Lichte, Mark E. // School Administrator;Oct2002, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p43
Discusses the necessity of micromanaging school board members. Ways for relying on the attributes of board members; Example of roles played by board members in the district; Views on board governance.
- The mayor and educational reform. Lockhart, Lee // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;5/10/2002, Issue 322927, p32
Comments on the effort of the mayor to improve K-12 education in Fresno City, California. Consideration on the proposal to appoint school board members; Consistency of the state education code and school district financing formula; Recommendation of K-12 Council by Fresno Business Council.