DOUBLE-ANTI CONTEST ENDS IN DOUBLE FIRST-PRIZE AWARD
- 'A BOOTLEGED CURRICULUM:' THE AMERICAN LEGION VERSUS HAROLD RUGG. Riley, Karen L.; Stern, Barbara Slater // International Journal of Social Education;Fall2003/Winter2004, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p62
Provides a framework for understanding the intense and systematic attack launched by the American Legion against Harold Rugg, a prominent educator in the U.S. Form of anti-Americanism; Concept of nationalism and patriotism; Stages of indoctrination.
- Faithful servants. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);1/23/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p5
The article announces that the Hedley Independent School District (ISD) Board of Trustees in Texas received recognition for their service as part of the School Board Recognition Month in January 2014 including Ted Wright, Lana Ritchie and Mark Howard.
- 5 Keys to Success. Grothause, Jay // Campus Activities Programming;May2014, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p26
The article presents five ways to keep school programming board members motivated. The Google Dictionary defines motivation as the reason for someone to act and behave in a certain way. Topics of the five ways to keep motivation alive among programming board members include satisfying the needs...
- People In the News. Hurst, Marianne D. // Education Week;5/8/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p5
No abstract available.
- See Spot Win. Dill, Mallorre // Adweek Eastern Edition;5/7/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 19, p42
Focuses on advertising awards in the United States. Judging process for advertising competition; Messages of advertisements in U.S.
- Tech Awards Fueled By Military Needs. Rosenberg, Barry // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/30/2002, Vol. 157 Issue 14, p69
Focuses on the products nominated for Annual Technology Innovation Awards in the U.S. Judges for the contests; Presentation of the award at the Aerospace Expo 2002 conference; Criteria.
- JPS board members honored for years of dedicated service. // Jackson Advocate;7/3/2014, Vol. 76 Issue 39, p10A
The article announces that outgoing members of the Jackson Public Schools (JPS) Board in Mississippi, Kisiah Nolan and Linda Rush were honored for their services during the June 24, 2014 Board meeting.
- New school board members: Get up to speed with 20 questions. // Curriculum Review;Jan1997, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p7
Presents a listing of 20 questions, from the Ohio Shool Boards Association `Journal,' that elected school board members can ask their colleagues.
- Defining the leadership role of school boards in the 21st century. Campbell, Davis W.; Greene, Diane // Phi Delta Kappan;Jan94, Vol. 75 Issue 5, p391
Describes the California School Board Association's (CSBA) project of defining the governance responsibilities of school boards. Basis of a curriculum for training school boards; Defining the role of the school board; Importance of school boards. INSET: School board reform in West Virginia, by...