Paging Carriers Learn To Fly
- Pagers keeping pace with developments in technology. Depp, Michael // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);11/27/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p32
Foresees a continued strong demand for pagers. Growing popularity of two-way pagers which allow alphanumeric messaging and include features like Internet access; Advantages that two-way pages have over cellular phones.
- Smart Phones Vs. Pagers. Schumacher, Heidi // Wireless Week;05/01/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 18, p26
Focuses on the competition between smart mobile phones and pagers for delivering messages and mobile data. Forecasted growth of smart phone sales; Statistical information on the favored devices for messaging and mobile data; Suggestion for paging providers to stay competitive.
- New Products Breathe Life Into Paging. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;5/6/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 18, p26
Reports on the view of paging service providers on the decision of paging technology pioneer Motorola to abandon the market. Markets that benefited from paging's advantages; View of analyst Rajeev Chand on the paging market; Functions of next-generation of paging technologies.
- The Happy Medium. Kridel, Tim // Wireless Review;08/01/99, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p41
Discusses the employment of narrowband plasma current switch in the paging industry. Reason as to why a two-way has the advantage of store-and-forward; Characteristic of site receivers; Detection of simulcast delay spread, or simulcast misalign.
- Answer this. Folkers, Richard // U.S. News & World Report;12/15/97, Vol. 123 Issue 23, p83
Reports on Motorola's pager it refers to as a portable answering machine. Unit receiving and storing messages in a caller's voice; Networks soon to be available; Conxus Communications and PageNet offering the pager and service.
- Is two-way paging the way forward? Couvas, Jacques // Telecommunications - International Edition;Nov99, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p46
Discusses the threat posed by the growth of cellular communication to paging operators in Europe. Demand for paging in Europe; Factors that may inhibit the growth of the pager market in Europe; Need to implement two-way paging in Europe to foster the growth of the pager market.
- New Products. // Wireless Review;05/15/99, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p60
Presents information on wireless telecommunication products. Features of the Mobile Radio Analyzer of Wavetek Wandel & Goltermann company; Capabilities of the PageWriter 2000X page of Motorola company; Target market of the Pathfinder series of modular switched-mode rectifiers from Alpha...
- European market numbers tumble. Golden, Paul // Global Wireless;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p18
Reports on the decline of the paging sector of the European wireless communication industry as of January 2001. Factors indicating the decline of the market; Competition between the paging industry and the mobile communication market; Difficulty in obtaining accurate information on the number...
- Pocket Paging. // Time;2/10/1967, Vol. 89 Issue 6, p94
The article describes the one-way radio pagers, which are used by thousands of construction bosses, doctors, real estate salesmen, executives and repair men. The radio pagers are used by the undertakers in Chicago, Illinois to contact freelance embalmers. Motorola, which manufactures radio...