SCC Now Connecting Triton To 911
- SCC aims to go public. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;08/30/99, Vol. 18 Issue 35, p15
Reports on SCC Communications Corp.'s registration with the United States Securities & Exchange Commission of its plans to go public. Number of stocks to be sold by the company; SCC Communications' plans in using proceeds from the offering; Overview of the company's telecommunication business.
- Telcordia joins SCC Alliance Program. // RCR;07/10/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 28, p8
Reports that Telcordia Technologies Inc., a provider of operations support systems to the telecommunications industry, has joined SCC Communications Corp.'s Alliance Program.
- Portable security. McElligott, Tim // Telephony;04/10/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 15, p58
Focuses on the local number portability (LNP) 2000 service from SCC Communications that ensures that E911 data is properly updated during the porting process. Reasons the LNP was mandated by the Telecommunications Act of 1996 in the United States (US); Number of telecommunications users in the...
- Safety measures. Parthenios, Amalia D. // Telephony;02/26/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 9, p74
Provides information on the Internet Protocol-based next generation network initiative called 9-1-1 SafetyNet from SCC Communications company. Nature of the initiative; Alliance formed by the firm with hardware companies and third-party software providers; Approach of the company in its network...
- Oh, what a tangled deal we weave. Parthenios, Amalia D. // Telephony;05/21/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 21, p22
Discusses the completion of the acquisition of Lucent Public Safety Systems company by SCC Communications company. Terms of the acquisition deal; Changes made in the original deal after its announcement in October 2000; Reason for the acquisition; Benefits of the deal to Lucent.
- Competition Watch. // Telephony;08/23/99, Vol. 237 Issue 8, p12
Presents news briefs on telecommunication companies in the United States as of August 1999. Teligent's launching of services in Detroit, Michigan; Contract signed by SCC Communications Corp. with MediaOne; Reseller agreements signed by Jato Communications Corp. with ten Denver-area networking...
- SCC to acquire Lucent Public Safety Systems. // RCR Wireless News;10/23/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 43, p30
Reports on the SCC Communications Corp.'s acquisition of Lucent Public Safety Systems for approximately $40 million.
- BellSouth and SCC join to update 911. // RCR;11/24/97, Vol. 16 Issue 46, p8
Focuses on the strategic alliance formed between BellSouth Corp. and SCC Communications Corp. to enhance BellSouth's 911 system. Features of the 911 public-safety answering agencies; Information about the updated system of the companies.
- SCC to manage NET-tel E911 data. // RCR;01/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p18
Focuses on SCC Communications Corp.'s signing of a five-year contract with NET-tel Communications Inc. to manage its Enhanced 911 data. Terms of the agreement; Outsourcing of E911 database management.