Outsmarting the Spectrum Robber
- Metawave offers product to expand cell site coverage. // RCR;9/30/96, Vol. 15 Issue 39, p14
Reports that Metawave Communications Corporation is offering the Metawave Echo CDMA Enhancer for Code Division Multiple Access networks, which can expand the coverage of cell sites. How the CDMA Enhancer works; Benefits of the product; Background information on Metawave Communications; Other...
- Rethinking the 'P' in PCS. Bernstein, Peter // Telephony;10/07/96, Vol. 231 Issue 15, p45
Comments on the proliferation of devices for personal communication services (PCS) and downsizing of personal computing and their possible effect to society. Applications of code division multiple access; Digital access methods; Narrowband two-way PCS text messaging; Hand-held device operating...
- Motorola to upgrade Horizon's 3G network. // RCR Wireless News;10/15/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p10
Reports on the signing of an agreement by Motorola Inc. to upgrade and expand the Horizon personal communication service code division multiple access system. Objective of the upgrade; Remarks from Fred Wright, senior vice president of Motorola.
- Court date set on Qualcomm's battle to get pioneer's preference. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;11/09/98, Vol. 17 Issue 45, p7
Reports on Qualcomm Inc.'s pioneer's preference appeal for code division multiple access (CDMA) technology to gain recognition in personal communications services in the United States. Patent lawsuit involving the company over a CDMA intellectual property; Handling of the pioneer's preference...
- Is CDMA ripe for harvest? Bernhard, Frank // America's Network;09/01/97, Vol. 101 Issue 17, p20
Focuses on the industry growth of personal communications services (PCS) and the start of the Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) technology. Several key concepts in the growth of PCS according to the PaineWebber study of Airtouch Cellular market valuation; Impact of the entrance of Advanced...
- Analysts give CDMA biggest PCS footprint. // RCR;04/05/99, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p11
Reports that personal communications services 1900 MHz networks using Code Division Multiple Access technology lead in terms of radio-frequency footprint.
- United States, Korea lead in wireless phone growth. // RCR;05/31/99, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p36
Reports that the United States and South Korea posted the most gains in cellular/personal communications services net subscribers during the first quarter of 1999. Nationwide launch of Code Division Multiple Access technology and competition as factors influencing industry growth in South...
- A peaceful coexistence? Carter, Wayne // Telephony;02/23/98, Vol. 234 Issue 8, p30
Looks at the competing technologies of global system for mobile communications (GSM) and code division multiple access (CDMA) in the personal communications service (PCS) market. Comparative figures for GSM and CDMA customers; Need by PCS carriers to develop extensive roaming capability;...
- NTCH launches PCS network in Colorado. // RCR;04/10/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 15, p26
Reports that NTCH Inc. has launched its Code Division Multiple Access-based personal communication service in Colorado.