Site Of The Week
- Oracle launches new business Web portal. Martinez, Jose // Caribbean Business;3/1/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p30
Reports on Oracle's launch of an Internet portal intended for the business user. Key features of the Internet portal; Oracle's intention to capitalize on the increasing number of its clients going online.
- NewsLink. // Link-Up;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p4
Presents updates related to some online companies and Web sites as of November 2000. Strategic partnership of ibooks.com with Oracle Corp.; Details on the celebrity bookmarks launched by Blink.com; Services provided by ScholarShops.com for college students.
- Oracle builds marketplace. Kerstetter, Jim; Deger, Renee // PC Week;07/07/97, Vol. 14 Issue 29, p16
Discusses the efforts of Oracle Corp. to develop Oracle Marketplace, its own World Wide Web site. The features of the site, including configuring and pricing Oracle products and services; The placement of orders; The obtaining of current order and invoice status; Other features.
- IN BRIEF. // InfoWorld;1/10/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p16
This section presents news briefs on issues and events related to the computer and Internet industry in the U.S. as of January 10, 2005. Oracle is shipping Oracle Database Lite 10g, a small-footprint mobile database for laptops and personal digital assistants. The company is positioning the...
- ]CBS turns eye toward online news. Sacharow, Anya // Brandweek;01/19/98, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p35
Reports that the CBS television network and its partner, Oracle Corporation, are expected to unveil plans for a news Web site on January 19, 1998. Description of site; What date site will be launched; Comparison of site to the National Broadcasting Company's interactive site; Details on site.
- Oracle, C&W HKT target China region. // B to B;03/27/2000, Vol. 85 Issue 2, p38
Reports that Oracle Corp. and Cable & Wireless HKT will launch a business-to-business portal aimed at businesses throughout China.
- Internet developments. // Information World Review;Sep2002, Issue 183, p26
Focuses on developments in the Internet industry as of September 2002. Features of the Rufford Ceramic Center website; Launch of The Wireless and Voice Integration Kit for Oracle9i Application Server from Oracle; Information on electronic books.
- CNN, Oracle team. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;06/09/97, Vol. 16 Issue 24, p14
Reports that Cable News Network (CNN) and Oracle Corp. have unveiled the CNN Custom News, a personalized Internet-based news service. Antidote to information overload; Use of Oracle's information management software; Improvement of PointCast Version 2.0 for CNN Interactive and other online...
- A VENDOR'S AGENDA OR YOURS? Lundquist, Eric // eWeek;10/09/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 41, p126
Focuses on the marketing strategies of Oracle, an Internet vendor in the United States. Account on the Oracle OpenWorld customer event; Discussion on the integration of applications with company database; Benefits of basing company infrastructure on Internet standards.