Swomi Shoots For A Data Hole-In-One
- FWA broadens its scope. Klein, Allan // Telecommunications - International Edition;Apr2003, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p23
Explores the revenue opportunities of broadband fixed wireless access (BFWA) for both urban and rural operators. Worldwide deployment rate of FWA technology; Demand for high-speed access to the Internet; Availability of standards-based end-user devices; Development of non line-of-sight...
- ONSAT.NET INAUGURATES WIRELESS INTERNET IN HONDURAS. // Worldwide Telecom;Dec2000, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p4
Reports the inauguration of OnSat Solar.net Village, wireless Internet installation in San Ramon Centro, Honduras in December 2000.
- CMCC SELECTS OPENWAVE/SIEMENS FOR WIRELESS INTERNET IN CHINA. // Worldwide Telecom;Mar2001, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p7
Reports on the selection of Openwave Systems Inc. by China Mobile Communications Corp. to supply mobile Internet services to subscribers in China.
- @Motion Plans to Link Internet With Any Wireless Handset. // Telephone IP News;Aug99, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p6
Focuses on the plan of @Motion Inc. to link the Internet with wireless handsets enabling access to any Web-based information or service from any wireless handset or any wireless network. Information on @Motion; Overview and availability of @Motion's Internet voice portal server; Significance of...
- No wires-no strings. Tierney, Stephen // Frontline Solutions;May2002, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p22
Focuses on the benefit of mobile workforce in wireless enterprise. Access of handset manufacturers to Internet; Use of wireless enterprise solution in business process; Emphasis on enterprise mobile solutions market.
- InfoSpace integrates Cell-Loc technology. // RCR;06/12/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p24
Announces that wireless location service provider Cell-Loc Inc. and Infospace Inc., a provider of infrastructure services for wireless devices, have made an agreement to speed up the delivery of advanced location-based wireless Internet services to mobile-device users in North America.
- Fringe benefits. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;11/17/97 Supplement, Vol. 233 Issue 20, p32
Emphasizes the prematurity of the proposal to implement wireless access on the Internet. Role of the business community in the situation; Costliness and illogical aspects of the proposal; Characteristics of wireless data communications which are demanded by customers; Shortfall of AT&T Wireless...
- The wireless wallet. Weber, Toby // Telephony;10/23/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 17, p40
Focuses on the electronic-wallets encountered by people in the wired Internet on a merchant-by-merchant basis. How an e-wallet works; Security requirements for accessing the wallet from wired and wireless Internet.
- Are we there yet? Vittore, Vince // Telephony;03/26/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 13, p22
Offers a look at the wireless Web applications in the United States. Information on the deal between Yahoo Everywhere and Verizon Wireless; Features of MySkyWeb's Smart Browser.