Seeking To Play The New (Wireless) World's Backbone
- Ericsson, Juniper Develop Mobile Routers. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Feb2001, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p18
Reports that Ericsson and Juniper Networks have formed a joint venture to produce mobile Internet routers for GPRS and 3G wireless networks. Terms under the deal.
- Old foes no more. Mason, Charles // America's Network;04/15/99, Vol. 103 Issue 6, p8
Focuses on the implication of the deal between Ericsson and Qualcomm. Details on the deal; Implication of the move on the development of third-generation (3G) standard by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU); Information on the conflict between the companies.
- Breaking News. // Wireless Week;02/07/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p3
Presents several news briefs about the wireless communication industry. Joint venture of Intel Corp. and Ericsson; Plans of Nucentrix Broadband Networks Inc. in Austin, Texas; Price of an initial public offering (IPO) of Alamosa PCS.
- Sony, Ericsson Join Handsets. Gohring, Nancy // Interactive Week;4/30/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 17, p32
Reports on the joint mobile phone venture of Sony and Ericsson called Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications. First-quarter loss posted by Ericsson in 2001; Market share of competitor Nokia in the worldwide handset market; Number of contracts secured by Ericsson to supply third generation networks.
- Briefs. // Network World;8/13/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 33, p27
Reports developments related to wireless communication systems in the United States as of August 2001. Use of Integral's PurePocket switches to provide converged voice by OneStar Communications; Agreement between Ericsson Co. and Verizon Wireless Co. on the sale of products; Details of the...
- NEWS MAP. // Wireless Asia;Sep2001, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p14
Reports developments on wireless communication providers in Asia. Joint venture between Sony and Ericsson mobile phone; Partnership between Hitachi Inc. and Hisense Electric Co. for the manufacture of CDMA handsets in China; Plans for a 50 percent reduction of workforce by Globalstar.
- COMMUNICATIONS BRIEFS. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;3/11/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p34
Reports developments related to wireless communications in the U.S. as of March 2002. Joint venture between AT&T Wireless and Ericsson.
- Meeting of the minds. Weber, Toby // Telephony;08/28/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 9, p24
Focuses on the strategic alliance between Ericsson and WorldCom's UUNet. Features of the partnership; Potential benefits of the agreement to both companies; Information on UUNet's bid to provide a global roaming network for the GSM Association. INSET: Competition Watch..
- Ericsson leads net income for vendors. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;06/22/98, Vol. 17 Issue 25, p14
Presents information on wireless communication systems vendors' revenue performance for 1997, highlighting the performance of Ericsson Company. Identification of companies whose net income declined in 1997; Information on companies whose net income increased in 1997; Factors which contributed...