Private Fleets To Push AVL Penetration
- Automatic Car Locators Stuck In A Small Niche Market. Gilory, Amy // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;11/11/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 26, p37
Focuses on the market position of the automatic car locator market. Companies which are involved in this market; Plans of DEI Inc. to launch its Automatic Vehicle Locator; Facilities provided by GPS2000 car locator.
- THIS WEEK IN... 1903. Excell, Jon // Engineer (00137758);6/16/2008, Vol. 293 Issue 7750, p70
The article offers information on the modern developments of a double-electric Phaeton, an all-electric vehicle. According to the article, it is reported that the said vehicle was developed by the Compaigne de L'industrie Electrique of Geneva. It also stated that the motor is connected to a...
- 'Dealers shouldn't be alienated.'. // Finished Vehicle Logistics;Apr-Jun2012, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p12
The article focuses on an agreement among vehicle dealers that reliability of dates that carmakers and logistics service providers provide is more important than speed, in order to meet end customers' expectations. It mentions the need for vehicle tracking system standardization and better...
- Software keeps tabs on cars in production. // Professional Engineering;9/9/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p39
The article reports on the installation of a precision realtime location system by Aston Martin, sports car maker, at its Gaydon plant in Warwickshire, England to provide a complete visibility of its production processes. It notes that the Ubisense system have tags attached of the inside of the...
- TruePosition passes first E-911 tests. Emmett, Arielle // America's Network;06/15/97, Vol. 101 Issue 12, p31
Reports that the TruePosition Locator system passed the E-911 testing. Objectives of the trial; Sample callers of the test; Use of time difference of arrival (TDOA) locator technology on the test.
- Smart pager foils theft. Tuckey, Bill // BRW;2/19/96, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p78
Reports on a paging and vehicle-location system using military technology. Automobile vehicle location systems; Engine-operation sensor.
- Fleet Location Trends. // GPS World;Apr2003, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p52
Reports on the increase number of commercial fleet vehicles equipped with automatic vehicle location (AVL) systems. Release of survey from research firm C.J. Driscoll & Associates; Increase in availability of wireless communication networks; Decline in AVL equipment prices.
- Calling all cars. Bridgeforth, Arthur // Crain's Detroit Business;11/18/96, Vol. 12 Issue 47, p11
Presents information on Teletrac Incorporated's introduction of a high technology vehicle locator called the Fleet Director system, to wireless communication businesses in Detroit, Michigan. Features and functions of the system; Origin of the technology; Expected revenue from sales; Cost of the...
- TRACKING VEHICLE DATA ON-LINE. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Mar2002, Issue 592, p58
Advises on the use of the Vehicle Tracker in the Asset Management Menu to check or correct equipment listing in The Army Maintenance Management System Equipment Data Base. Purpose of such data.