CVB's Crystal Ball
- Indicators continue to show signs of recovery. Hoxter, Curtis J. // Caribbean Business;1/31/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p12
Reports on the rise in consumer confidence in the United States in January 2002 according to the University of Michigan Consumer Sentiment Index. Sign that the U.S. economy may pull out of recession by the middle of 2002; Reduction of the trade deficit; Problems faced by small businesses from...
- Consumer Confidence Nearly Flat in March. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;3/31/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31853, p2
Reports on the consumer confidence index in the United States in March 2004. Consumers' views about business conditions; Effect of labor market on consumers' confidence; Percentage of increase in income expectations; Percentage of consumers planning to buy a home.
- ECONOMY. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);12/8/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 49, pP21
This section offers information related to the U.S. economy. The November 2008 Consumer Confidence Index Survey conducted by the Conference Boar, show an increase to 44.9 points. The Freddie Mac Weekly Primary Mortgage Market Survey reveals that mortgage rates declined each week in November....
- Consumer Confidence Index Rises to 106.5 in July. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;7/26/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32431, p2
The article reports that the consumer confidence index in the U.S. has increased to 106.5 in July 2006 from a downwardly revised 105.4 in June 2006. The present situation index climbed to 133.0 from a downwardly revised 132.2, while the expectations index rose to 88.8 from a downwardly revised...
- Consumer Confidence Index Dips to 103.2. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;7/27/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32183, p2
Reports on the decline in consumer confidence index for the month of July 2005 in the U.S. Decline in expectations index; Overall state of the economy; Failure of rising fuel prices to dampen consumer interests.
- Confidence still tracking low. // Furniture/Today;2/2/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 22, p58
The article reports that various indexes of consumer confidence in the U.S. show increasing pessimism in January, 2009. The Consumer Confidence Index dropped from 38.6 to 37.7 from December, 2008 to January 2009. The Present Situation Index dropped from 30.2 to 29.9 in the same period. Lynn...
- Consumer confidence rebounds. // Furniture/Today;12/5/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p34
The article reports on the recovery of the consumer confidence index in the U.S. Monthly survey of 5,000 U.S. households showed that the index rebounding to 98.9 percent. The lower gas prices and a better jobs outlook has made the consumer confidence surged. The consumers saying that business...
- ECONOMY. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);8/9/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 32, pP19
No abstract available.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Siegel, Gary E.; Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;10/1/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31731, p2
Reports economic developments in the U.S. as of October 1, 2003. Decline of the consumer confidence index; Decline of the Chicago Purchasing Manager's Business Barometer; Amount of four-week bills auctioned by the Treasury Department.