Alabama Officials Stressing the Safety of Their Tobacco Deal
- N.Y.C. to Restructure Tobacco Debt. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;9/16/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31720, p1
Reports on the restructuring of the tobacco bonds in New York City. Plans of the city officials to finance ongoing capital projects; Need of discussing the alternative tobacco bond structures; Use of double-barrel pledges in selling tobacco bonds.
- S.C. Tobacco Securitization Yields Extra $16 Million. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;03/12/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31094, p39
Reports that the state government of South Carolina generated more proceeds than expected from the sale of tobacco revenue bonds. Excess amount generated from the bond deal; South Carolina officials' plans of taking a break after such a successful conclusion to the state's bond transaction;...
- IRS Ends Audit of Westchester County's '99 Tobacco Deal. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;5/8/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31382, p4
Reports the conclusion of the Internal Revenue Service audit on the tobacco securitization bond issue in Westchester County, New York. Retention of tax-exempt debt; Variation in the structure of tobacco financing; Recovery of working capital needs.
- UBS Report Sees Market Shift as Wisconsin Helps Run Up Supply. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;5/8/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31382, p27
Reports the increasing volume of tobacco bonds in Wisconsin. Alteration of market dynamics; Expansion of calendar for tobacco deals; Projection of turbo redemption date.
- Tobacco Bonds. // Crain's New York Business;03/15/99, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p34
Reports on New York City's selection of three firms to take the lead in arranging its proposed sale of bonds backed by funds from the legal settlement reached between American tobacco companies and 46 states.
- Tobacco-backed bonds could have rating cap: S&P report. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;06/02/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30653, p1
Reports that bonds issued against the national tobacco settlement may have their underlying ratings capped by the credit strength of the four major tobacco companies in the United States. Standard & Poor's use of weak-link approach in rating potential deals; Approach of the city in structuring...
- Nassau County's FA: find out the issuer's need, then make it happen. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;06/11/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30660, p9
Focuses on the plan of Nassau County, New York, to issue bonds backed by revenue from the state's share in a settlement fund from the American tobacco industry. County financial adviser Herman Charbonneau's views on the protection of bond issuers; Use of proceeds from the bond sale; Effects for...
- Tobacco settlement 'model statute' focus of legal debate. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;07/02/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30675, p36
Reports on the concerns over a piece of suggested legislation contained within the Master Settlement Agreement between major United States tobacco companies and 26 states. Views of bond lawyers involved in securitizing the agreement; Provisions of the agreement.
- With Simplicity Over Leverage, Ala.'s Tobacco Bonds Score High. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;08/30/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30965, p1
Reports on the plans of Alabama to sell tobacco settlement-backed bonds. Rating of the bonds; Use of the proceeds from the bond issue; Flexibility of amortization structures.