California Agencies Sign Off on Debt-Funded Plan to Restore Bay-Delta Waters
- MISSOURI: TIF Debt for Buffer Zone. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/27/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32475, p35
The article reports on the authorization given by the St. Louis County, Missouri concerning the sale of $57.5 million tax increment financing bonds and notes to finance the 654-acre noise buffer zone east of Lambert Field. It has planned to issue $14.75 million of bonds and $42.75 million of...
- Ecosystem protection and environmental management programs. // Spectrum: Journal of State Government;Spring97, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p23
Features the report `Synthesizing Devolution: Ecosystem Protection and State Environmental Management Programs,' by the Council of State Governments' Centers for Environment and Safety. Evolution of ecosystem management as an environmental protection tool for states; What the report was based on.
- Ecosystem management of South Florida. Harwell, Mark A. // BioScience;Sep97, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p499
Discusses ecosystem management of South Florida as of September 1, 1997. Examples of interdisciplinary science as inextricably drawn into the policy debate concerning complex environmental and resource management issues; The case study on ecosystem management to achieve ecological...
- The Trout Creek Mountain experience. D.E.B. // Wilderness (07366477);Winter94, Vol. 58 Issue 207, p28
Focuses on the Trout Creek Mountain plan, an attempt to develop a viable grazing plan for Trout Creek Mountains in southeast Oregon. Patrick `Doc' and Connie Hatfield and how they applied Holistic Resource Management to their ranch, which includes 6,000 acres of BLM (Bureau of Land Management)...
- Inside ecosystems. Moll, Gary; Macie, Ed // American Forests;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 101 Issue 3/4, Urban Forests p8
Part III. Discusses the inner workings of an ecosystem and the interconnection of its elements through feature-layer images. Link of the urban and rural ecosystem gradient; Components of a typical landscape; Features of the different layers of the landscape; Importance of the people's...
- Understanding ecosystem management. Smith, Shellye; Brook, Richard // Science & Children;Nov/Dec1994, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p33
Discusses different aspects of ecosystem management. Monitoring and assessment; Measures implemented by resource managers; Advantages of teaching about ecosystem management; Studies on the effect of human beings on ecosystems; Activities demonstrating ecosystem management concepts to students.
- Lost legacy. Rancourt, Linda M. // National Parks;Mar/Apr98, Vol. 72 Issue 3/4, p8
Editorial. Stresses the importance of preserving national parks in United States through ecosystem management. Remarks of Marjory Stoneman Douglass, 107-year-old activist concerning the preservation of Everglades National Park in Florida.
- The word on ecosystem management. Gray, Gerry // American Forests;May/Jun93, Vol. 99 Issue 5/6, p12
Reports on the briefings hosted by American Forests to help Washington, DC residents in understanding how ecosystem management is being implemented in the Northwest. Chris Risbrudt's presentation on ecosystem management efforts of the northern Rockies; Presentation by a team of Forest Service...
- Bringing back home. // Horticulture Week;5/20/2011, p21
The article offers information on the i-Tree System which was carried out by the Hi-line Consultancy and was first applied in Great Britain aimed at measuring ecosystem services provided by trees.