Credit Suisse Set To Buy DLJ
- European Regulators Give Go-Ahead to Credit Suisse-DLJ. // American Banker;10/11/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 195, p3
Reports on Credit Suisse Group's announcement that it had received clearance from the European Commission for its acquisition of Donaldson Lufkin & Jenrette.
- Bank acquisition may tighten purse strings. Karpinski, Richard // B to B;09/11/2000, Vol. 85 Issue 14, p6
Reports plans of acquiring Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette Inc. by Credit Suisse Group in Zurich, Switzerland. Implications of the merger on financial searches of companies; Impact of the consolidation on the bank; Contribution of the merger on the globalization of the finance industry.
- Credit Suisse's deal to buy DLJ closes. // Pensions & Investments;11/13/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 23, p58
Reports the deal on the acquisition of financial service company Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette by the Credit Suisse Group in Zurich, Switzerland.
- Credit Suisse Integrates DLJ Asset Unit. ANDERSON, AMY L. // American Banker;12/11/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 236, p24
Reports on Credit Suisse Group's completion of its integration of the asset management arm of Donaldson Lufkin & Jenrette Inc. (DLJ). Appointment of a management committee to run the combined operation. Total jobs eliminated as a result of the merger of DLJ with Credit Suisse Asset Management...
- Escape Hatch in DLJ Deal If It Doesn't Jell. // American Banker;9/11/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 174, p27
Reveals that Credit Suisse Group's pending deal for Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette Inc. (DLJ) can be terminated by either party if not completed by March 31, according to a filing with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission. Credit Suisse's purchase of a 70.63 percent stake in DLJ...
- DLJ, Credit Suisse to Split Some Key Jobs. // American Banker;9/12/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 175, p23
Focuses on some of the executives that have been chosen to manage departments in the merged investment bank created by the purchase of Donaldson Lufkin & Jenrette Inc. by Credit Suisse. Kenneth Moelis's job that will oversee investment banking in the Americas for the firm; Plans for Donald...
- DLJ to Acquire More Bond Products. Willcox, Kathleen // Investment Management Weekly;08/14/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 32, p4
Deals with Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette's plan to acquire fixed income division of Brundage, Story & Rose.
- Junk rout trashes banks. Wipperfurth, Heike // Crain's New York Business;10/16/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 42, p1
Reports on the disappointing performance of the junk bond operations of United States investment bank Donaldson Lufkin & Jenrette (DLJ) in September and October 2000. Credit Suisse Group's purchasing of DLJ in August 2000; Impact of plummeting junk bond prices on holders of high-yielding debts...
- BofA to revamp branches, increase financial services. Miller, Valerie // Las Vegas Business Press;09/04/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 35, p17
Focuses on developments related to finance in and around Las Vegas, Nevada, current as of September 4, 2000. Bank of America's plan to revamp its branches across the country; Credit Suisse Group AG's acquisition of brokerage Donaldson Lufkin & Jenrette Inc.