Move Over Oprah
- Literary Cavemen. Lester, Malcolm // Independent School;Summer2001, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p60
Focuses on the creation of 'The Cavemen Who Read Cereal Boxes' book club in Washington, D.C. Organization of a book club; Interests shared among members; Benefits from the club; Commitment of the group. INSET: WHAT CAVEMEN READ..
- Girl Groups. Percy, Susan // Georgia Trend;Sep2004, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p150
The article focuses on a book club. One woman brought photos from her son's wedding the previous month. Another was awaiting the birth of a grandchild and had her bags packed and her cell phone on. A third was ready to send a daughter off to graduate school. Just another gathering of what we...
- Sisterfriends Who Brunch: An annual birthday celebration over Sunday brunch becomes the catalyst for a D.C.-area book club. Houser, Pat // Black Issues Book Review;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p58
Focuses on the birthday brunches being held by the women's book club February Friends Birthday Group. Information on how the group was formed; Itineraries of the club's meetings; Overview of the group's discussion of the book "The Secret Life of Bees." INSET: Group Profile.
- Community. // Empty Closet;Jul2015, Issue 491, p25
The article profiles several lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) organizations in Rochester, New York. They include Dignity-Integrity Rochester, Empire Bears, and Open Arms Metropolitan Community Church (MCC). Also mentioned are the Rochester Gay Book Club, and the ROMANS, a group of...
- Reading for Profit Makes A Whole Lot of Sense. Houser, Pat // Black Issues Book Review;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p76
This article presents information on several Afro-American investment groups. Some investment groups mentioned are the Sistah Girl Investment Club, the Aspirations Book Club and Investment Group, and Nubian Investors.
- Book Club for Teachers. // American Educator;Summer2011, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p5
The article announces the membership for the "Education Week" Teacher Book Club in the U.S.
- Woman's Day Online Book Club Underway. // American Libraries;Jun/Jul2004, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p14
Announces the start of the "Woman's Day" magazine's online book club. Target audience of the magazine's book club; Information on other programs of the magazine.
- National Book Club Conference. // Essence (Time Inc.);
Announces the National Book Club Conference at the Sheraton Buckhead in Atlanta, Georgia from August 6 to 8, 2004.
- TO THE READERS:. Neverow, Vara // Virginia Woolf Miscellany;Spring/Summer2006, Issue 69, p1
The article focuses on the publication "Miscellany." The backfile of the publication is offered in full-text digital format through the databases of EBSCO. Subscriptions to the publication are also offered by Amazon.com. "Miscellany" is an independent entity that is given to members of the...