Gearing Up for a Practice Aquisition
- Thinking of Buying a Practice? Ritchlin, Lance // Journal of Financial Planning;Nov/Dec2008 Practice Management Sol, p7
The article discusses steps that financial planners should take when they decide to purchase a financial planning business. The author recommends that buyers research the company they are interesting in purchasing to determine if the company would work well with their existing business. The...
- Divestments. Dubin, Ronald N. // FE: The Magazine for Financial Executives;Nov1986, Vol. 2 Issue 11, p37
Provides some guidelines on how to sell a business division. Reasons for selling off profitable divisions; Impact of psychological damage on the parent corporation; Negotiations; Observation that one company's spin-off can be another company's golden opportunity; Examples of two companies...
- Does Size Matter? Boone, Norman M. // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar2000, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p28
This article discusses the consolidation options for companies that seek synergies and economies of scale. One option is to use the Merrill Lynch or American Express model. The model stresses the importance of having a lot of representatives sitting in different offices, and having access to...
- Business buyers beware of the price: CPA. Tyson-Chan, Darin // Money Management;1/25/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p6
The article explains that the CPA Australia organization has released a publication entitled "The Perceptions of Financial Due Diligence". A CPA Australia survey reveals the importance of due diligence prior to the acquisition of a business enterprise. The organization's audit and assurance...
- SDC Worldwide Mergers & Acquisitions. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;5/17/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p7
Presents information on merger and acquisition activities of several companies as of May 17, 2004. Summary of U.S. public merger activities which are greater than $50 million; Divestitures that are greater than $50 million; Companies that have withdrawn their deals.
- SDC Worldwide Mergers & Acquisitions. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;6/21/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 25, p7
Provides information on several worldwide mergers and acquisitions as of June 21, 2004. Summary of U.S. public merger activity greater than $50 million; Private targets greater than $50 million; Divestitures greater than $50 million.
- Market Still Is Favoring Sellers. Emrich, Anne Bond // Grand Rapids Business Journal;1/19/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p6
Investigates the market condition for mergers and acquisition (M&A) in Grand Rapids, Michigan in 2004. Issue of bank financing; Concerns over the displacement of employees; Other factors that will influence the M&A trend.
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY. // Orange County Business Journal;6/24/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 25, p13
Presents updates on several business enterprises in California as of June 24, 2002. Information on the spinoff plans of Costa Mesa-based ICN Pharmaceuticals Inc.; Sale of the Tustin-based Airshow unit of Germantown, Maryland-based Acterna Corp. to Cedar Rapids, Iowa-based Rockwell Collins Inc.;...
- Thomson Financial Worldwide Mergers & Acquisitions. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;10/9/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 38, p6
Several tables on the Thomson Financial worldwide mergers and acquisitions report are presented, including the summary of U.S. public merger activity, private targets and divestitures.