Pressure cooker: double the results in half the time
- A passion for working. Robinson, Graham // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Jul/Aug99, Issue 15, p4
Comments on developments relating to administrative management. Business philosophy of Virgin founder Richard Branson; Mission statement of the Institute of Administrative Management; Managers' management of time; Effective use of teleworking.
- On the Limits of Advance Preparation for a Task Switch: Do People Prepare All the Task Some of the Time or Some of the Task All the Time? Lien, Mei-Ching; Ruthruff, Eric; Remington, Roger W.; Johnston, James C. // Journal of Experimental Psychology. Human Perception & Performan;Apr2005, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p299
This study investigated the nature of advance preparation for a task switch, testing 2 key assumptions of R. De Jong's (2000) failure-to-engage theory: (a) Task-switch preparation is all-or-none, and (b) preparation failures stem from nonutilization of available control capabilities. In 3...
- Deadline. Jiga-Boy, Gabriela // Frieze d/e;Winter2012, Issue 7, p28
The article discusses the perspectives of artists, curators and writers on the meaning and impact of the term, deadline. The author has asked 74 participants from University Amsterdam to imagine they would complete a list of tasks by a certain date in the future. He observes that the more effort...
- Etc... // Beverage Industry;Nov94, Vol. 85 Issue 11, p42
Reports on the plan of British businessman Richard Branson to sell Virgin Cola in Great Britain.
- The Greatest BRITON in Management and Leadership. // Personnel Today;3/11/2003, p4
Reports that Richard Branson of Virgin Group PLC has been voted the Greatest Briton in management and leadership in Great Britain by readers of the periodical 'Personnel Today.' Career profile of Branson; Views of voters regarding management qualities of Anita Roddick of the company Body Shop;...
- Virgin Atlantic raising cash to expand fleet and routes. McKenna, J.T. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;3/16/1992, Vol. 136 Issue 11, p18
States Virgin Atlantic Airways Chairman Richard Branson has sold his Virgin Music Group to Thorn EMI Plc. for $875 million which will be used to underwrite route additions, finance used and new aircraft acquisitions and boost the carrier's borrowing power by reducing current debt. Possible sale...
- News. // Marketing Event;Mar1997, p12
Focuses on Richard Branson's Virgin Bride store which was featured during the National Wedding Show in February 1998 in London, England. Services offered by the store.
- Branson warns on 'antiquated' bid assessment. // Rail Business Intelligence;12/15/2011, Issue 404, p4
The article reports that British entrepreneur Richard Branson forecast that Virgin Rail Group's bid for the replacement InterCity West Coast franchise would pay the government a good amount of money.
- BILLIONAIRE JETTISONED. Farnham, A. // Fortune;2/24/1992, Vol. 125 Issue 4, p111
Reports on the status of the Earthwinds balloon circumnavigation project. Financier Richard Branson's role in funding the program; Comments from flight Captain Larry Newman.