- Legal checklist. Aikin, Olga // People Management;08/13/98, Vol. 4 Issue 16, p21
Summarizes developments in employment case law in Great Britain as of August 1998. King versus The Hundred of Hoo Nursery concerning maternity notices; Divine-Bortey versus London Borough of Brent; Bills on employment.
- Top 10 ways employers get sued--and how to avoid them. Carmen, Peter D. // Business Journal (Central New York);11/15/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 46, p19
Provides insights into the things that employers do to get sued. Negative consequence from an inflated performance evaluations and documentation; Treatment towards employee complaints about illegal conduct in the workplace; Reliance upon at-will employment.
- Legal checklist. Aikin, Olga // People Management;10/15/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 20, p21
Presents information on the latest developments on employment case law in Great Britain. Information on the race discrimination case of Tchoula filed against Netto Foodstores Ltd.; Case of Great Britain Secretary of State for Education and Employment filed against Bearman and others regarding...
- LEGAL CHECKLIST. // People Management;10/9/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 20, p21
Presents an update on employment cases in Great Britain as of October 2003. Liability of employers for the course of employment in the case Mattis versus Pollock; Documentation fraud on the case Dubai Aluminium Co. versus Salaam and others; Riley-Williams versus Argos Ltd.
- BUMPING. Kirby, Shawn; Fox, Phillips // Human Resources Magazine;Jun2005, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p3
The article discusses the British case Lionel Leventhal v. North which has led some British commentators to suggest that in Great Britain an employer must always consider bumping for a redundancy to be deemed fair. Bump redundancy is a redundancy that happens to an employee when another...
- in brief. // Employers Law;May2003, p11
Presents news briefs related to legal cases on employment in Great Britain as of May 2003. Ruling on the case Alyward versus Glamorgan Holiday Homes; Court of Appeal ruling on employment status.
- A permanent headache. Baker, James // Employers Law;May2003, p13
Presents information on cases which revealed complications of the permanent health insurance (PHI) in Great Britain. Damages claim of an employee; Decision on gross misconduct of an employee; Information on how to protect against liabilities connected to PHI schemes. INSET: Is PHI cover worth...
- Test your knowledge. Baker, James // Employers Law;Dec2004, p21
Presents a multiple choice quiz on employment cases that happened in Great Britain in 2004.
- ADVICE OF COUNSEL. Tammelleo, A. David; Sullivan, Gayle Hacker // RN;Sep90, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p73
Presents legal advice to nurses. Reason for disclosing employment history; Information on the statute of limitations for negligence lawsuits filed by minors; Proper way for a nurse to tell his supervisor about his mood disorder.